Re: Connection problem

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Ghost, Aug 25, 2003.

  1. Ghost

    Ghost Guest

    In article <>, "Kathy"
    <> wrote:

    > ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C36B1F.378C36C0
    >
    > I didn't know what group to ask this question, so I will ask in both.
    >
    > One of my in-laws is having connection problems. It supposedly started =
    > last week. She was saying that her son is constantly being disconnected =
    > from the Internet. Now she has several phones hooked up through one =
    > phone line, plus a Fax machine hooked up to the same line that the modem =
    > is hooked into. I told her that she shouldn't have the Fax machine =
    > hooked into the same line as the modem because that will cause the =
    > disconnections and also all of those phones hooked into the same line =
    > won't help either. Also noisy lines can do this too...am I NOT right =
    > about all of this?
    >
    > Well, here is my biggest pet peeve....she asked me what could be the =
    > problem....I told her just what I said in the above paragraph! This is =
    > what she said back to me.
    >
    > Her : "Well, I don't know about that"
    >
    > Me : "So far from what I've learned, I believe that could be the problem =
    > because I had the same problem until I disconnected my Fax machine from =
    > the same phone line as the modem"
    >
    > Her : "I don't believe that is the problem"
    >
    > Well, what gets me very peeved is when someone asks me a question and I =
    > give them the RIGHT answer when I am positive that could be the answer =
    > and they stand there and tell you that it isn't correct! Why bother =
    > asking me when YOU have all the answers when you haven't gotten a clue =
    > about computers! Sorry, I vented, but just wanted to let you know what I =
    > am dealing with right now.
    >
    > Does anyone else have any other suggestion as to the disconnections?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Kathy
    > A+

    Yes, I have a suggestion... tell your inlaw where to go... everyone
    wants free tech support, but refuse to take that tech advise.

    I have had my fill with relatives and paying customers who do exactly that.
    Ghost, Aug 25, 2003

  2. Ghost

    Ghost Guest

    In article <>, "Kathy"
    <> wrote:

    > *LMAO*!! Oooh....believe me that is exactly where I'd love to tell her to
    > go!
    >
    > I am sooo sick and tired of people, like her, that THINK they know it all
    > and TRY to tell ME that I am wrong.....Wouldn't you just LOVE to ring that
    > persons neck?! *LOL*
    >
    > Kathy
    > A+
    >
    > > Yes, I have a suggestion... tell your inlaw where to go... everyone
    > > wants free tech support, but refuse to take that tech advise.
    > >
    > > I have had my fill with relatives and paying customers who do exactly

    > that.

    God, grant me the the strength the change what I can change, the serenity
    to accept what I cannot change, and the wisdom to know the difference.
    Also, Grant me the full understanding it only take four muscles to squeeze
    the trigger on a decent sniper rifle... lol
    Ghost, Aug 25, 2003

  3. "Ghost" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>, "Kathy"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > *LMAO*!! Oooh....believe me that is exactly where I'd love to tell her

    > > go!
    > >
    > > I am sooo sick and tired of people, like her, that THINK they know it

    all
    > > and TRY to tell ME that I am wrong.....Wouldn't you just LOVE to ring

    that
    > > persons neck?! *LOL*
    > >
    > > Kathy
    > > A+
    > >
    > > > Yes, I have a suggestion... tell your inlaw where to go... everyone
    > > > wants free tech support, but refuse to take that tech advise.
    > > >
    > > > I have had my fill with relatives and paying customers who do exactly

    > > that.

    > God, grant me the the strength the change what I can change, the serenity
    > to accept what I cannot change, and the wisdom to know the difference.
    > Also, Grant me the full understanding it only take four muscles to squeeze
    > the trigger on a decent sniper rifle... lol

    And the knowledge of where to hide the bodies....
    Systems Administrator
    Coordinated Home Care

    remove me to email to me
    Simon Telrenner, Aug 26, 2003