Re: Connection problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by wisdomkiller & pain, Nov 19, 2008.

  1. Howard wrote:

    > just,got an old hp lap top out,(before it gets recycled)Not even got
    > wifi on it.
    > I tried one of those internet on the move dongles on it, i installed
    > firefox from a usb pen.
    > The problem is, it connects to either I.E or Firefox and opens the
    > google search page,type in say weather,and all the search results come up.
    > But click on any and message come up unable to access page,any thoughts
    > please? XP has been installed on it.

    It knows Google because of cache contents. But then, other sites may be
    unavailable due to DNS failure.
    Check the dns settings at your wireless router, and tcpip/advanced/dns on
    the lap.

    wisdomkiller & pain, Nov 19, 2008

  2. wisdomkiller & pain

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 22:21:19 +0100, wisdomkiller & pain
    <> wrote:

    >It knows Google because of cache contents. But then, other sites may be
    >unavailable due to DNS failure.
    >Check the dns settings at your wireless router, and tcpip/advanced/dns on
    >the lap.

    MAY know DNS because of cache contents, but likely any search will not
    be in the cache.

    Evan Platt, Nov 19, 2008