Re: Connecting a USB printer as a LAN device.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Dave Doe, Apr 21, 2012.

  1. Dave Doe

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <>,
    d, Crash McBash says...

    http://nz.bing.com/search?q=usb print server site:.nz

    --
    Duncan.
    Dave Doe, Apr 21, 2012

  2. Dave Doe

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <-september.org>,
    , Dave Doe says...

    > In article <>,
    > d, Crash McBash says...
    > >
    > > I have a printer (Brother Inkjet multifunction) that connects only
    > > through USB which means that it has to be plugged into one of the 3
    > > computers on my home network and shared. The computer needs to be
    > > powered up and from time to time the printer is not visible to the
    > > network. I have spare LAN ports on a router. Is there such a device
    > > that will allow my printer to be plugged into the router?
    > >
    > > Google and TradeMe show plenty of USB to RJ45 adapters (allowing a LAN
    > > cable to be connected to a USB port) but I am looking for the reverse.
    > > Such a device would need to get and hold an Ip address etc.
    > >
    > > The other alternative is to replace the printer with one that can
    > > connect to a LAN.
    > >
    > > TIA

    > http://nz.bing.com/search?q=usb print server site:.nz

    and...
    http://pricespy.co.nz/category.php?k=474

    --
    Duncan.
    Dave Doe, Apr 21, 2012

  3. Dave Doe

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <-september.org>,
    , Dave Doe says...

    > In article <-september.org>,
    > , Dave Doe says...
    > >
    > > In article <>,
    > > d, Crash McBash says...
    > > >
    > > > I have a printer (Brother Inkjet multifunction) that connects only
    > > > through USB which means that it has to be plugged into one of the 3
    > > > computers on my home network and shared. The computer needs to be
    > > > powered up and from time to time the printer is not visible to the
    > > > network. I have spare LAN ports on a router. Is there such a device
    > > > that will allow my printer to be plugged into the router?
    > > >
    > > > Google and TradeMe show plenty of USB to RJ45 adapters (allowing a LAN
    > > > cable to be connected to a USB port) but I am looking for the reverse.
    > > > Such a device would need to get and hold an Ip address etc.
    > > >
    > > > The other alternative is to replace the printer with one that can
    > > > connect to a LAN.
    > > >
    > > > TIA

    > > http://nz.bing.com/search?q=usb print server site:.nz

    > and...