Re: Connecting 2 Cisco 3550 switches together

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by NNTP Reader, Jul 23, 2003.

  1. NNTP Reader

    NNTP Reader Guest

    If you put the bridges at each end in the same VLAN you wouldn't need any
    layer3 on the switches at all. By default the switches ship with all ports
    in VLAN1. Not my recommendation that you run things that way but if you
    aren't familiar with switch configs, you can leave it be.

    = K

    "Nick Gough" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > We have a requirement to connect two cisco 3550 switches together using
    > a wireless WAN link between two buildings.
    >
    > The presentation of the WAN link will be normal RJ45 ethernet connections
    > from a radio bridge.The purpose of this is a straight point-to-point link

    > trial Video Conferencing
    > across the link.
    >
    > My question is what config would be required in the switches ?
    >
    > Could this work at layer 2 only so know need to assign IP addressess on

    the

    NNTP Reader, Jul 23, 2003