Re: Computer wont enter hibernate when using DirectX screen savers

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Verile Atheron, Jan 7, 2009.

  1. Jill <> wrote in message
    news::

    > Just did a clean install of WinXP SP3 on my computer.
    >
    > When running DirectX screen savers the computer will not enter
    > hibernate. If I use a non DirectX screen saver it will.
    >
    > I know this was a problem pre SP2 but thought that it was addressed
    > in SP2. Can it be fixed?
    >
    > Thank you

    Don't worry about it you don't want your machine to go into 'hibernate',
    it's bad news, very bad news.

    --
    Sisters hold hands - men are bastards
    Verile Atheron, Jan 7, 2009

  2. Jill <> wrote in message

    > why?
    > Sure beats a cold restart.

    Give *me* a number and I'll *ring* you.

    Melamie Chidgey, Jan 7, 2009

  3. Jill <> wrote in message

    > why?
    > Sure beats a cold restart.

    Memory intensive, if it screws up recovery can be painful to impossible - if
    you backup regularly, go for it. Google the subject.

    Qion Gei Ching, Jan 7, 2009
  4. Jill yackety-yakked:

    > Backup all the time.
    > But back to original question: Computer wont enter hibernate when
    > using DirectX screen savers

    Hello Jill - it won't because DX screensavers disables it.

    Nikkie Easons-Conlon, Jan 7, 2009
  5. Jill released:

    > Backup all the time.
    > But back to original question: Computer wont enter hibernate when
    > using DirectX screen savers

    Insufficient disk space/RAM

    Alidia Palmer, Jan 7, 2009
  6. Verile Atheron

    Lenora Boyce Guest

    Jill <> wrote in message

    > lots of disk space and 4gb ram - nothing running except os

    Give in, what's the answer?

    Lenora Boyce, Jan 8, 2009