Re: computer wont boot

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Adam, May 17, 2010.

  1. Adam

    Adam Guest

    wrote:

    > On Mon, 17 May 2010 14:38:43 +1200, wrote:
    >
    > I have now disconnected data cables and power supply from all the
    > drives and have disconnected the keyboard an mouse.
    >
    > The only thing still connected externally is the monitor.
    > I have left the RAM alone.
    >
    > I get no beeps at all when I switch on.

    No beep(s) is not a good sign.

    By that I mean, that the manual for the motherboard would
    go into in some detail, the beeps and what they mean.

    I hesitate to say go further, and strip everything off.
    While its vaguely plausible that a RAM card is jamming
    up a bus - I'd wait for more expert suggestions.

    Its not looking good. You need some beeps.
    Adam, May 17, 2010