Re: Computer won't boot up

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Baron, Nov 17, 2008.

  1. Baron

    Baron Guest

    j wrote:
    > The computer not only fails to reboot,
    > it also fails to go through the bios and memory check. There is also a
    > red led glowing on the motherboard that I've not noticed before, but
    > it's possible that the red light has always been on and I just haven't
    > noticed it. The processor fan comes on and so does the green light on
    > the front of the computer.

    Since the fans are running the 12 Volts is probably Ok !
    The motherboard power LED is lit so the 3.3 Volts is there !
    The green power light on the front is lit so the 5 volts is there !
    Probably not the PSU !

    Possible M/B failure or CPU ! Since you said that it had frozen with an
    image on the screen I would check the CPU first !

    --
    Best Regards:
    Baron.
    Baron, Nov 17, 2008