Re: Computer will not boot - HELP!

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by SW, Aug 10, 2003.

  1. SW

    SW Guest

    Hi - managed to resolve this problem.

    I found that when I disconnected everything except for the floppy
    (including the hard disks and the cd drive), the PC managed to boot
    into a system floppy disk.

    I then proceeded to take out the IDE cables and jumpers, and put them
    all back in, and now everything seems OK - I can once again boot into
    the OS on the hard disk. Perhaps something was loose, but I'm sure I
    did all this before.

    Thanks for all your help, all the same.

    SW, Aug 10, 2003