Re: Computer will not boot - HELP!

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Michael Hawes, Aug 9, 2003.

  1. >My PC does not boot up properly, and I'm hoping that someone out there
    >can help.
    >
    >I have a Dell Dimension XPS T500 (a dinosaur, I know). I can get into
    >the bios OK, and both my hard disks are recognised there, as well as
    >the floppy and the CD drive. I have set the boot time order to the
    >floppy first, then the hard drive, then the CD drive.
    >
    >However, when I try to boot the machine into the operating system,

    nothing happens after the BIOS splash screen appears and disappears -
    >I can hear the floppy drive spin for a bit, then I'm met with a blank
    >screen. This happens even with a bootable floppy in the drive, which I
    >can hear being read.

    Try clearing the BIOS settings, ususally a jumper near the battery. Try
    disconnecting the Hard drives, power & data cables.

    Mike.

    ---
    Michael Hawes, Aug 9, 2003