Re: Computer boots, but no mouse or keyboard

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Jeff Strickland, Jun 2, 2010.

  1. "Jerome Robertson" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Running LinuxMint Isadora. It was installed and running fine. I was
    > using VMWare and was getting two cursors, making it a little difficult to
    > work. So I re-booted. And I have not had a mouse or keyboard since. The
    > computer boots just like it always did, nothing looks wrong but you don't
    > have a mouse or keyboard. I'm hoping someone here can help. I've posted
    > on linuxquestions.org and the LinuxMint forums and no one there can help
    > (so far).

    I can't help you with Linux, but my suspicion is that you have hardware
    issues with your computer. If you are using a USB mouse and keyboard, try
    using PS2 and see what happens. If you are using PS2, try USB. If you are
    using wireless, go back to wired. (Of course, if the problem is wireless or
    wired, then it could very well be software related -- drivers and that sort
    of thing.)

    Jeff Strickland, Jun 2, 2010