Re: Completely removing the Opera Web Browser

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by °Mike°, Aug 12, 2003.

  1. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    You need to re-associate your *current* browser as the default.
    For IE, go to Tools / Internet Options / Programs and check the
    box: 'Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the
    default browser'. Now start IE and confirm 'Yes' when it asks
    if you want to make it default.

    On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 21:38:04 +0100, in
    <bhbj85$gkr$>
    KarateKid scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 12, 2003

  2. °Mike°

    KarateKid Guest

    Mike, I've tried this but firstly it doesnt ask me to confirm whether IE is
    now the default browser and it still gives me the message "error
    inintialising opera" from lots of links like it is still the default browser

    KarateKid, Aug 12, 2003

  3. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    Make sure that ALL instances of IE and OE are closed, then go to
    Control Panel / Internet Options / Programs, uncheck the option,
    press 'Apply', recheck the option and press 'Apply' again. Open
    up IE and it *should* ask you to set as default.

    If you still have problems, see my sig.

    On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 23:17:52 +0100, in
    <bhbp38$l5r$>
    KarateKid scrawled: