Re: compact flash PCMCIA adapter

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Steven Scharf, Oct 21, 2004.

  1. (Steven Scharf) wrote in message
    > And it looks like Delkin has discontinued it. They are sold out, with
    > no information on when or if they will have more. One reseller states:
    >
    > " Back Order
    > [ ETA: Dec 31, 2009 ] (Estimated)
    > (Order now to get priority fulfillment when product becomes
    > available)"
    >
    > B&H still has it though.

    I received the Delkin Cardbus CF adaptor from B&H. I was visiting some
    people in Minnesota last week, and the guy took a bunch of pictures
    with his new Nikon D70. I took his 40x Lexar CF card and stuck it in
    the Delkin Cardbus CF slot of my notebook PC. The transfer of files
    seemed instantaneous, far faster than with my old PC Card CF adapter,
    or a USB adapter. However my USB adapter is only 1.0.

    I prefer not to carry extra stuff with me, and I just keep the Cardbus
    CF adapter in the notebook all the time. The notebook already has an
    SD adapter built into it. Alas, I couldn't find a notebook PC that
    included a CF slot, along with all the other features I wanted. The
    first Compaq tablet had a CF slot, but the second model changed to an
    SD slot.
    Steven Scharf, Oct 21, 2004

  2. Steven Scharf

    George Guest

    The best CF/PCMCIA adapter I've found is the B&H "General" brand...it works
    with
    type I, type II, and microdrive and comes with the nicest gel-lined case
    that'll also hold
    two CF cards under the adapter.

    George

    George, Oct 21, 2004

  3. "George" <> wrote in message
    > The best CF/PCMCIA adapter I've found is the B&H "General" brand...it

    works
    > with
    > type I, type II, and microdrive and comes with the nicest gel-lined case
    > that'll also hold
    > two CF cards under the adapter.

    That's fine, but it's not a CardBus adapter, and hence will still be slow.
    Steven M. Scharf, Oct 26, 2004