Re: Compact camera with a touch screen

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by David Taylor, Apr 21, 2013.

  1. David Taylor

    David Taylor Guest

    On 21/04/2013 09:51, Alfred Molon wrote:
    > Was thinking of giving my daughter (9 yrs old) a camera as a birthday
    > present, perhaps a model with a big LCD touchscreen (camera sort of
    > acting as a photo album). The technical specifications do not really
    > matter, although it should have some zoom (let's say 3x), perhaps easy
    > to use and kid-proof (shouldn't break after 6 months). Is there anything
    > in the price range up to let's say 100-150 Euro?
    >
    > In principle even a cheap android smartphone could do the trick, but
    > these have no zoom.

    Zoom with the feet!
    --
    Cheers,
    David

    David Taylor, Apr 21, 2013

  2. David Taylor

    Guest

    you might look at the digital camera options,
    & user opinions/ratings
    on Amazon.com

    marc

    , Apr 21, 2013

  3. David Taylor

    J. Clarke Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > > you might look at the digital camera options,
    > > & user opinions/ratings
    > > on Amazon.com

    > There is no option for a touchscreen.

    dpreview.com has a searchable database--touchscreen is one of the
    options--it lists 118 models.

    J. Clarke, May 8, 2013
  4. David Taylor

    J. Clarke Guest

    In article <2013042112404417709-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>,
    savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com says...

    > On 2013-04-21 12:29:36 -0700, Alfred Molon <> said:
    >
    > > In article <>,
    > > says...
    > >> you might look at the digital camera options,
    > >> & user opinions/ratings
    > >> on Amazon.com

    > > There is no option for a touchscreen.

    > One of the only touch screen cameras I am aware of is the Nikon CoolPix
    > S01. However it is very small and despite reasonable reviews, it does
    > not use removable media and is very small. Nice as a snapshot camera
    > with some interesting features and within the price range you
    > specified. However not exactly the large display device you were
    > looking for.
    > <
    > http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Nikon-Pr...Cameras/26347/COOLPIX-S01.html#Fun&Innovative

    Canon has several DSLRs with touchscreens. Panasonic has several 4/3
    mirrorless models. There is a fairly wide range of point-and-shoots
    from several manufacturers including Nikon, Canon, Sony, Fuji, and
    others.

    J. Clarke, May 8, 2013