  1. Guest

    Hate to have to tell you this, but Russia isn't a commie nation any more.

    , Aug 17, 2011

  2. RichA Guest

    On Aug 17, 2:05 am, wrote:
    >  Hate to have to tell you this, but Russia isn't a commie nation any more.

    Tell it to Putin.

    RichA, Aug 17, 2011

  3. PeterN Guest

    On 8/17/2011 2:05 AM, wrote:
    > Hate to have to tell you this, but Russia isn't a commie nation any more.

    Hate to tell you this. Why bother with facts. He doesn't seem to.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Aug 17, 2011
  4. PeterN Guest

    On 8/17/2011 2:06 PM, Neil Ellwood wrote:
    > On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 16:05:16 +1000, snapper wrote:
    >
    >> Hate to have to tell you this, but Russia isn't a commie nation any
    >> more.

    > It has never been one. It called itself communist but was really a
    > dictatorship.

    Uhm! Nope. Read

    Start here: <http://www.histmap.net/2010/09/01/communism-in-russia/>

    Yes Stalin did divert the Soviet Union from pure communism, but can you
    mention anyplace where pure communism flourished, for more than 10
    years, except perhaps China.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Aug 17, 2011
  5. PeterN Guest

    On 8/17/2011 11:03 PM, Rich wrote:
    > Neil Ellwood<> wrote in
    >
    >> On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 16:05:16 +1000, snapper wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hate to have to tell you this, but Russia isn't a commie nation any
    >>> more.

    >> It has never been one. It called itself communist but was really a
    >> dictatorship.
    >>

    > That's what communism includes, brain trust.

    Do you even understand the difference between communism and fascism?

    Your comments show that you don't even know what pure communism is. Yet,
    you have the temerity to try to insult others.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Aug 18, 2011
  6. PeterN Guest

    On 8/17/2011 11:04 PM, Rich wrote:
    > PeterN<> wrote in news:4e4c130f$0$12499
    > $-secrets.com:

    >>> It has never been one. It called itself communist but was really a
    >>> dictatorship.
    >>>

    >> Uhm! Nope. Read
    >>
    >> Start here:<http://www.histmap.net/2010/09/01/communism-in-russia/>
    >>
    >> Yes Stalin did divert the Soviet Union from pure communism, but can you
    >> mention anyplace where pure communism flourished, for more than 10
    >> years, except perhaps China.
    >>

    > You leftist apologists make me sick . ALL communist states were/are
    > dictatorships.

    Wrong. See my prior answer. Your postings are more communistic than you
    know.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Aug 18, 2011
  7. Whisky-dave Guest

    On Aug 17, 8:13 pm, PeterN <> wrote:
    > On 8/17/2011 2:06 PM, Neil Ellwood wrote:
    >
    > > On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 16:05:16 +1000, snapper wrote:

    > >> Hate to have to tell you this, but Russia isn't a commie nation any
    > >> more.

    > > It has never been one. It called itself communist but was really a
    > > dictatorship.

    > Uhm! Nope. Read
    >
    > Start here: <http://www.histmap.net/2010/09/01/communism-in-russia/>
    >
    > Yes Stalin did divert the Soviet Union from pure communism, but can you
    > mention anyplace where pure communism flourished, for more than 10
    > years, except perhaps China.

    I thought cuba had quite a sussful one although small scale and then
    America started to
    screw up the economy

    Whisky-dave, Aug 18, 2011
  8. John Turco Guest

    Rich wrote:

    > > PeterN <> wrote in news:4e4c130f$0$12499
    > >> $-secrets.com:

    > >> It has never been one. It called itself communist but was really a
    > >> dictatorship.

    > > Uhm! Nope. Read
    > >
    > > Start here: <http://www.histmap.net/2010/09/01/communism-in-russia/>
    > >
    > > Yes Stalin did divert the Soviet Union from pure communism, but can
    > > you mention anyplace where pure communism flourished, for more than
    > > 10 years, except perhaps China.

    Russia made Stalin...he didn't make the USSR. A land devoid of any
    democratic tradition, can't simply become a bastion of progressive
    thought, overnight.

    > You leftist apologists make me sick . ALL communist states were/are
    > dictatorships.

    You're right, Rich -- but, for the wrong reason. Russia, China and Cuba
    (and in general, Eastern Europe, the Balkans and Southeast Asia), have
    all been fertile grounds for "communist" expansion.

    However, it's precisely >because< they've had long and brutal histories
    of despotism and relative backwardness.

    According to the ravings of Marx and Engels, Germany (an advanced and
    cultured country) was supposed to be the place, where communism first
    gained a foothold. Those naïve ninnies, and their "ivory tower" ideas,
    were utterly (and tragically) wrong.

    When all is said and done, Commies are clowns. Political ideologies
    have >always< taken back seats to nationalistic goals, regardless of
    any propaganda to the contrary.

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Aug 21, 2011
  9. tony cooper Guest

    On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 18:14:30 -0500, John Turco <>
    wrote:

    >When all is said and done, Commies are clowns.

    The US Senate and House of Representatives has their share.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Aug 21, 2011
  10. PeterN Guest

    On 8/20/2011 8:09 PM, tony cooper wrote:
    > On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 18:14:30 -0500, John Turco<>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> When all is said and done, Commies are clowns.

    > The US Senate and House of Representatives has their share.

    Even some Governors

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Aug 21, 2011
  11. John Turco Guest

    tony cooper wrote:

    > > On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 18:14:30 -0500, John Turco <>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > When all is said and done, Commies are clowns.

    > The US Senate and House of Representatives has their share.

    Commies or clowns (or both)?

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>