Re: Command line option syntax error. Type Command /? for Help

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by §ñühw¤£f, Apr 18, 2009.

  1. Ben C> spilled the beans:
    > I'm having an unanticipated problem with a new Vista Ultimate 64-bit
    > installation. I built a new PC using an ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo MoBo, a
    > Q9650 CPU, 8GB DDR2 RAM & a GeForce 8600GT video card.
    > I installed Vista from the original DVD, I then installed the MoBo &
    > Video drivers from a CD. Next, I installed SP1 from a flash drive
    > which contained a copy of Vista 64-bit SP1. I let windows install the
    > rest of the updates from the Windows update site.
    > I then instaled WinRAR from a flash drive. I started noticing that I
    > was getting an error dialog from "jman" that says:
    > " Command line option syntax error. Type Command /? for Help." in
    > multiple (3-4 each time) dialog boxes every time I right-clicked on an
    > icon or a diretcory or a file in explorer or quick launch. I'm not
    > saying the error message began when I installed WinRAR, I'm only
    > saying I noticed it then.
    > I wanted an image, so I installed Acronis True Image and made a
    > backup.
    > I googled the error message and saw references to Office 2000 & Norton
    > 2005. Microsoft's advice is: "To work around this problem, modify the
    > source path so that it does not contain any spaces.". I can't modify
    > the source path because every time I try to access properties, I get
    > the error messages.
    > This doesn't make sense to me which is why I mentioned that I
    > installed some apps from a flash drive which probably contained some
    > spaces.
    > Any suggestions??
    > -Jaze

    Yeah...try your question in a NG with peeps that build systems on a
    regular basis like...
    alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

    I used to read that NG a lot when I was building computers...very
    knowledgable peeps there.

    HTH

    --
    http://www.eyeonpalin.org

    _..._ ___ ___ ___ ___ _..._
    ,' `::. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,' `::.
    : `::: `:: `:: `:: `:: `:::
    : .::: .:: .:: .:: .:: .:::
    : .:::`. .;' `. .;' `. .;'.`. .;': .:::
    : .::: `.' .`.'.: `.' ::`.' :. .:::
    :. .::' ::: : `: .:::
    `: .:: : : .::'
    : .:: . :. .::
    : ::' `: .::.
    .\ `: ,: :. : .::.:
    :.\ :. :.: :`: .' .::.:
    ::`. : :':: : `: : .;'.:
    : `.; :'.:: : :: ;:' ::
    . :' .::. .: .:: :
    : :' ::: :' .:: .
    : `:: : .::
    :' .::. .: .:::
    : .::: ,:. .:. :' .:::
    : .:::,' `:. ,' `:.: .:::
    : .::: ::: ::: .:::
    : .::: ::: ::: .:::
    `._ .::'.`._.::' `._.::'.`._ .::' _
    Seal _
    ~~~ :: :: ~~~

    §ñühw¤£f, Apr 18, 2009

  2. §ñühw¤£f

    Aratzio Guest

    On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 15:15:25 -0600, in the land of
    24hoursupport.helpdesk, §ñühw¤£f <> got double
    secret probation for writing:

    >Ben C> spilled the beans:
    >> I'm having an unanticipated problem with a new Vista Ultimate 64-bit
    >> installation. I built a new PC using an ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo MoBo, a
    >> Q9650 CPU, 8GB DDR2 RAM & a GeForce 8600GT video card.
    >> I installed Vista from the original DVD, I then installed the MoBo &
    >> Video drivers from a CD. Next, I installed SP1 from a flash drive
    >> which contained a copy of Vista 64-bit SP1. I let windows install the
    >> rest of the updates from the Windows update site.
    >> I then instaled WinRAR from a flash drive. I started noticing that I
    >> was getting an error dialog from "jman" that says:
    >> " Command line option syntax error. Type Command /? for Help." in
    >> multiple (3-4 each time) dialog boxes every time I right-clicked on an
    >> icon or a diretcory or a file in explorer or quick launch. I'm not
    >> saying the error message began when I installed WinRAR, I'm only
    >> saying I noticed it then.
    >> I wanted an image, so I installed Acronis True Image and made a
    >> backup.
    >> I googled the error message and saw references to Office 2000 & Norton
    >> 2005. Microsoft's advice is: "To work around this problem, modify the
    >> source path so that it does not contain any spaces.". I can't modify
    >> the source path because every time I try to access properties, I get
    >> the error messages.
    >> This doesn't make sense to me which is why I mentioned that I
    >> installed some apps from a flash drive which probably contained some
    >> spaces.
    >> Any suggestions??
    >> -Jaze
    >>

    >Yeah...try your question in a NG with peeps that build systems on a
    >regular basis like...
    >alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
    >
    >I used to read that NG a lot when I was building computers...very
    >knowledgable peeps there.
    >
    >HTH

    Like you could tell the difference.

    Aratzio, Apr 19, 2009

  3. Aratzio spilled the beans:
    > On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 15:15:25 -0600, in the land of
    > 24hoursupport.helpdesk, §ñühw¤£f <> got double
    > secret probation for writing:
    >
    >> Ben C> spilled the beans:
    >>> I'm having an unanticipated problem with a new Vista Ultimate 64-bit
    >>> installation. I built a new PC using an ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo MoBo, a
    >>> Q9650 CPU, 8GB DDR2 RAM & a GeForce 8600GT video card.
    >>> I installed Vista from the original DVD, I then installed the MoBo &
    >>> Video drivers from a CD. Next, I installed SP1 from a flash drive
    >>> which contained a copy of Vista 64-bit SP1. I let windows install the
    >>> rest of the updates from the Windows update site.
    >>> I then instaled WinRAR from a flash drive. I started noticing that I
    >>> was getting an error dialog from "jman" that says:
    >>> " Command line option syntax error. Type Command /? for Help." in
    >>> multiple (3-4 each time) dialog boxes every time I right-clicked on an
    >>> icon or a diretcory or a file in explorer or quick launch. I'm not
    >>> saying the error message began when I installed WinRAR, I'm only
    >>> saying I noticed it then.
    >>> I wanted an image, so I installed Acronis True Image and made a
    >>> backup.
    >>> I googled the error message and saw references to Office 2000 & Norton
    >>> 2005. Microsoft's advice is: "To work around this problem, modify the
    >>> source path so that it does not contain any spaces.". I can't modify
    >>> the source path because every time I try to access properties, I get
    >>> the error messages.
    >>> This doesn't make sense to me which is why I mentioned that I
    >>> installed some apps from a flash drive which probably contained some
    >>> spaces.
    >>> Any suggestions??
    >>> -Jaze
    >>>

    >> Yeah...try your question in a NG with peeps that build systems on a
    >> regular basis like...
    >> alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
    >>
    >> I used to read that NG a lot when I was building computers...very
    >> knowledgable peeps there.
    >>
    >> HTH

    > Like you could tell the difference.

    Your what hurts?

    --
    http://www.eyeonpalin.org

    _..._ ___ ___ ___ ___ _..._
    ,' `::. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,' `::.
    : `::: `:: `:: `:: `:: `:::
    : .::: .:: .:: .:: .:: .:::
    : .:::`. .;' `. .;' `. .;'.`. .;': .:::
    : .::: `.' .`.'.: `.' ::`.' :. .:::