Re: Command line option syntax error. Type Command /? for Help

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Evan Platt, Apr 18, 2009.

  1. Evan Platt

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 12:02:40 -0700, "Ben C>" <> wrote:

    >I'm having an unanticipated problem with a new Vista Ultimate 64-bit
    >installation. I built a new PC using an ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo MoBo, a
    >Q9650 CPU, 8GB DDR2 RAM & a GeForce 8600GT video card.
    >I installed Vista from the original DVD, I then installed the MoBo &
    >Video drivers from a CD. Next, I installed SP1 from a flash drive
    >which contained a copy of Vista 64-bit SP1. I let windows install the
    >rest of the updates from the Windows update site.
    >I then instaled WinRAR from a flash drive. I started noticing that I
    >was getting an error dialog from "jman" that says:
    >" Command line option syntax error. Type Command /? for Help." in
    >multiple (3-4 each time) dialog boxes every time I right-clicked on an
    >icon or a diretcory or a file in explorer or quick launch. I'm not
    >saying the error message began when I installed WinRAR, I'm only
    >saying I noticed it then.
    >I wanted an image, so I installed Acronis True Image and made a
    >backup.
    >I googled the error message and saw references to Office 2000 & Norton
    >2005. Microsoft's advice is: "To work around this problem, modify the
    >source path so that it does not contain any spaces.". I can't modify
    >the source path because every time I try to access properties, I get
    >the error messages.
    >This doesn't make sense to me which is why I mentioned that I
    >installed some apps from a flash drive which probably contained some
    >spaces.
    >Any suggestions??

    Please ignore chuckcar, he's a fool.

    Are you sure it's Jman and not Iman? Do a search on your drive for
    jman.* :
    Start, Command <Enter>
    Cd \ <Enter>
    dir /s jman.* <Enter>

    What comes up?
    Evan Platt, Apr 18, 2009

  2. Evan Platt

    John Holmes Guest

    Evan Platt "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > What comes up?

    A fucktard like you?

    --
    <snip>