Re: Command line option syntax error. Type Command /? for Help

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by chuckcar, Apr 18, 2009.

  1. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    "Ben C>" <> wrote in
    news::

    > I'm having an unanticipated problem with a new Vista Ultimate 64-bit
    > installation. I built a new PC using an ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo MoBo, a
    > Q9650 CPU, 8GB DDR2 RAM & a GeForce 8600GT video card.
    > I installed Vista from the original DVD, I then installed the MoBo &
    > Video drivers from a CD. Next, I installed SP1 from a flash drive
    > which contained a copy of Vista 64-bit SP1. I let windows install the
    > rest of the updates from the Windows update site.
    > I then instaled WinRAR from a flash drive. I started noticing that I
    > was getting an error dialog from "jman" that says:
    > " Command line option syntax error. Type Command /? for Help." in
    > multiple (3-4 each time) dialog boxes every time I right-clicked on an
    > icon or a diretcory or a file in explorer or quick launch. I'm not
    > saying the error message began when I installed WinRAR, I'm only
    > saying I noticed it then.
    > I wanted an image, so I installed Acronis True Image and made a
    > backup.
    > I googled the error message and saw references to Office 2000 & Norton
    > 2005. Microsoft's advice is: "To work around this problem, modify the
    > source path so that it does not contain any spaces.". I can't modify
    > the source path because every time I try to access properties, I get
    > the error messages.
    > This doesn't make sense to me which is why I mentioned that I
    > installed some apps from a flash drive which probably contained some
    > spaces.
    > Any suggestions??


    You are getting a DOS error message that's saying you are running DOS
    itself incorrectly. command.com is the program that runs dos. Hence
    command/?. This is apparently due to an error in jman.

    What is "jman" and where did you get it?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
     
    chuckcar, Apr 18, 2009
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. chuckcar

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 19:14:01 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    >You are getting a DOS error message that's saying you are running DOS
    >itself incorrectly. command.com is the program that runs dos. Hence
    >command/?. This is apparently due to an error in jman.


    Because there can only be one program that calls itself command???

    WTF?
    --
    To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious from my e-mail address.
     
    Evan Platt, Apr 18, 2009
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. chuckcar

    walter Guest

    chuckcar wrote:

    > "Ben C>" <> wrote in
    > news::
    >
    >> I'm having an unanticipated problem with a new Vista Ultimate 64-bit
    >> installation. I built a new PC using an ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo MoBo, a
    >> Q9650 CPU, 8GB DDR2 RAM & a GeForce 8600GT video card.
    >> I installed Vista from the original DVD, I then installed the MoBo &
    >> Video drivers from a CD. Next, I installed SP1 from a flash drive
    >> which contained a copy of Vista 64-bit SP1. I let windows install the
    >> rest of the updates from the Windows update site.
    >> I then instaled WinRAR from a flash drive. I started noticing that I
    >> was getting an error dialog from "jman" that says:
    >> " Command line option syntax error. Type Command /? for Help." in
    >> multiple (3-4 each time) dialog boxes every time I right-clicked on
    >> an icon or a diretcory or a file in explorer or quick launch. I'm not
    >> saying the error message began when I installed WinRAR, I'm only
    >> saying I noticed it then.
    >> I wanted an image, so I installed Acronis True Image and made a
    >> backup.
    >> I googled the error message and saw references to Office 2000 &
    >> Norton 2005. Microsoft's advice is: "To work around this problem,
    >> modify the source path so that it does not contain any spaces.". I
    >> can't modify the source path because every time I try to access
    >> properties, I get the error messages.
    >> This doesn't make sense to me which is why I mentioned that I
    >> installed some apps from a flash drive which probably contained some
    >> spaces.
    >> Any suggestions??


    > You are getting a DOS error message that's saying you are running DOS
    > itself incorrectly.


    > command.com is the program that runs dos.


    <snip>

    PMROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
     
    walter, Apr 18, 2009
    #3
  4. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    "walter" <> wrote in
    news:gsdfqn$730$:

    > chuckcar wrote:
    >
    >> command.com is the program that runs dos.

    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > PMROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    >

    Undoubtedly because you're a clueless twit:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/71522

    command.com is the command interpreter or processor for *any* DOS. In
    other words it takes commands typed and turns them into doing things. Runs
    dos in other words as I said.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
     
    chuckcar, Apr 19, 2009
    #4
  5. chuckcar

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 23:12:08 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    >Undoubtedly because you're a clueless twit:


    There's only one clueless twit in this thread, chucko. And it's you.
    --
    To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious from my e-mail address.
     
    Evan Platt, Apr 19, 2009
    #5
  6. Evan Platt spilled the beans:
    > On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 23:12:08 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > There's only one clueless twit in this thread


    Post editing is the realm of the perenailly SPNAKED.

    FYI


    --
    http://www.eyeonpalin.org
    _____ ____ ____ __ /\_/\ __ _ ______ _____
    / __/ |/ / / / / // // . . \\ \ |\ | / __ \ \ \ __\
    _\ \/ / /_/ / _ / \ / \ \| \| \ \_\ \ \__\ _\
    /___/_/|_/\____/_//_/ \_@_/ \__|\__|\____/\____\_\

    _..._ ___ ___ ___ ___ _..._
    ,' `::. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,' `::.
    : `::: `:: `:: `:: `:: `:::
    : .::: .:: .:: .:: .:: .:::
    : .:::`. .;' `. .;' `. .;'.`. .;': .:::
    : .::: `.' .`.'.: `.' ::`.' :. .:::
    :. .::' ::: : `: .:::
    `: .:: : : .::'
    : .:: . :. .::
    : ::' `: .::.
    .\ `: ,: :. : .::.:
    :.\ :. :.: :`: .' .::.:
    ::`. : :':: : `: : .;'.:
    : `.; :'.:: : :: ;:' ::
    . :' .::. .: .:: :
    : :' ::: :' .:: .
    : `:: : .::
    :' .::. .: .:::
    : .::: ,:. .:. :' .:::
    : .:::,' `:. ,' `:.: .:::
    : .::: ::: ::: .:::
    : .::: ::: ::: .:::
    `._ .::'.`._.::' `._.::'.`._ .::' _ Seal _
    ~~~ :: :: ~~~
     
    §ñühw¤£f, Apr 19, 2009
    #6
  7. chuckcar

    Aratzio Guest

    On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 15:25:07 -0600, in the land of
    24hoursupport.helpdesk, §ñühw¤£f <> got double
    secret probation for writing:

    >Evan Platt spilled the beans:
    >> On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 23:12:08 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> There's only one clueless twit in this thread

    >
    >I am perenailly SPNAKED.
    >
    >FYI


    IAWTP
     
    Aratzio, Apr 19, 2009
    #7
  8. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    §ñühw¤£f <> wrote in news:gsg4pl$lhf$:

    > Evan Platt spilled the beans:
    >> On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 23:12:08 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> There's only one clueless twit in this thread

    >
    > Post editing is the realm of the perenailly SPNAKED.
    >

    Well, be fair. Self deprecation is nothing to sniff at.


    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
     
    chuckcar, Apr 19, 2009
    #8
  9. chuckcar spilled the beans:
    > §ñühw¤£f <> wrote in news:gsg4pl$lhf$:
    >
    >> Evan Platt spilled the beans:
    >>> On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 23:12:08 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> There's only one clueless twit in this thread

    >> Post editing is the realm of the perenailly SPNAKED.
    >>

    > Well, be fair. Self deprecation is nothing to sniff at.
    >
    >

    Sure. A dedicated fanboi can come in use.



    --
    http://www.eyeonpalin.org
    _____ ____ ____ __ /\_/\ __ _ ______ _____
    / __/ |/ / / / / // // . . \\ \ |\ | / __ \ \ \ __\
    _\ \/ / /_/ / _ / \ / \ \| \| \ \_\ \ \__\ _\
    /___/_/|_/\____/_//_/ \_@_/ \__|\__|\____/\____\_\

    _..._ ___ ___ ___ ___ _..._
    ,' `::. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,' `::.
    : `::: `:: `:: `:: `:: `:::
    : .::: .:: .:: .:: .:: .:::
    : .:::`. .;' `. .;' `. .;'.`. .;': .:::
    : .::: `.' .`.'.: `.' ::`.' :. .:::
    :. .::' ::: : `: .:::
    `: .:: : : .::'
    : .:: . :. .::
    : ::' `: .::.
    .\ `: ,: :. : .::.:
    :.\ :. :.: :`: .' .::.:
    ::`. : :':: : `: : .;'.:
    : `.; :'.:: : :: ;:' ::
    . :' .::. .: .:: :
    : :' ::: :' .:: .
    : `:: : .::
    :' .::. .: .:::
    : .::: ,:. .:. :' .:::
    : .:::,' `:. ,' `:.: .:::
    : .::: ::: ::: .:::
    : .::: ::: ::: .:::
    `._ .::'.`._.::' `._.::'.`._ .::' _ Seal _
    ~~~ :: :: ~~~
     
    §ñühw¤£f, Apr 20, 2009
    #9
  10. Aratzio spilled the beans:
    > On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 15:25:07 -0600, in the land of
    > 24hoursupport.helpdesk, §ñühw¤£f <> got double
    > secret probation for writing:
    >
    >> Evan Platt spilled the beans:
    >>> On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 23:12:08 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> There's only one clueless twit in this thread

    >> I am perenailly SPNAKED.
    >>
    >> FYI

    >
    > IAWTP


    Suck my dick
    suck my motherfuckin dick

    ^_^


    --
    http://www.eyeonpalin.org
    _____ ____ ____ __ /\_/\ __ _ ______ _____
    / __/ |/ / / / / // // . . \\ \ |\ | / __ \ \ \ __\
    _\ \/ / /_/ / _ / \ / \ \| \| \ \_\ \ \__\ _\
    /___/_/|_/\____/_//_/ \_@_/ \__|\__|\____/\____\_\

    _..._ ___ ___ ___ ___ _..._
    ,' `::. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,' `::.
    : `::: `:: `:: `:: `:: `:::
    : .::: .:: .:: .:: .:: .:::
    : .:::`. .;' `. .;' `. .;'.`. .;': .:::
    : .::: `.' .`.'.: `.' ::`.' :. .:::
    :. .::' ::: : `: .:::
    `: .:: : : .::'
    : .:: . :. .::
    : ::' `: .::.
    .\ `: ,: :. : .::.:
    :.\ :. :.: :`: .' .::.:
    ::`. : :':: : `: : .;'.:
    : `.; :'.:: : :: ;:' ::
    . :' .::. .: .:: :
    : :' ::: :' .:: .
    : `:: : .::
    :' .::. .: .:::
    : .::: ,:. .:. :' .:::
    : .:::,' `:. ,' `:.: .:::
    : .::: ::: ::: .:::
    : .::: ::: ::: .:::
    `._ .::'.`._.::' `._.::'.`._ .::' _ Seal _
    ~~~ :: :: ~~~
     
    §ñühw¤£f, Apr 20, 2009
    #10
  11. chuckcar

    Aratzio Guest

    On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 16:06:00 -0600, in the land of
    24hoursupport.helpdesk, §ñühw¤£f <> got double
    secret probation for writing:

    >Aratzio spilled the beans:
    >> On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 15:25:07 -0600, in the land of
    >> 24hoursupport.helpdesk, §ñühw¤£f <> got double
    >> secret probation for writing:
    >>
    >>> Evan Platt spilled the beans:
    >>>> On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 23:12:08 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    >>>> wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>> There's only one clueless twit in this thread
    >>> I am perenailly SPNAKED.
    >>>
    >>> FYI

    >>
    >> IAWTP

    >
    >Suck my dick
    >suck my motherfuckin dick
    >
    >^_^


    Pervert.
     
    Aratzio, Apr 20, 2009
    #11
  12. Aratzio spilled the beans:
    > On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 16:06:00 -0600, in the land of
    > 24hoursupport.helpdesk, §ñühw¤£f <> got double
    > secret probation for writing:
    >
    >> Aratzio spilled the beans:
    >>> On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 15:25:07 -0600, in the land of
    >>> 24hoursupport.helpdesk, §ñühw¤£f <> got double
    >>> secret probation for writing:
    >>>
    >>>> Evan Platt spilled the beans:
    >>>>> On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 23:12:08 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    >>>>> wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>> There's only one clueless twit in this thread
    >>>> I am perenailly SPNAKED.
    >>>>
    >>>> FYI
    >>> IAWTP

    >> Suck my dick
    >> suck my motherfuckin dick
    >>
    >> ^_^

    >
    > Pervert.


    Reverb.




    --
    http://www.eyeonpalin.org
    _____ ____ ____ __ /\_/\ __ _ ______ _____
    / __/ |/ / / / / // // . . \\ \ |\ | / __ \ \ \ __\
    _\ \/ / /_/ / _ / \ / \ \| \| \ \_\ \ \__\ _\
    /___/_/|_/\____/_//_/ \_@_/ \__|\__|\____/\____\_\

    _..._ ___ ___ ___ ___ _..._
    ,' `::. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,~ `:. ,' `::.
    : `::: `:: `:: `:: `:: `:::
    : .::: .:: .:: .:: .:: .:::
    : .:::`. .;' `. .;' `. .;'.`. .;': .:::
    : .::: `.' .`.'.: `.' ::`.' :. .:::
    :. .::' ::: : `: .:::
    `: .:: : : .::'
    : .:: . :. .::
    : ::' `: .::.
    .\ `: ,: :. : .::.:
    :.\ :. :.: :`: .' .::.:
    ::`. : :':: : `: : .;'.:
    : `.; :'.:: : :: ;:' ::
    . :' .::. .: .:: :
    : :' ::: :' .:: .
    : `:: : .::
    :' .::. .: .:::
    : .::: ,:. .:. :' .:::
    : .:::,' `:. ,' `:.: .:::
    : .::: ::: ::: .:::
    : .::: ::: ::: .:::
    `._ .::'.`._.::' `._.::'.`._ .::' _ Seal _
    ~~~ :: :: ~~~
     
    §ñühw¤£f, Apr 21, 2009
    #12
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. zillah

    VACL and command Syntax

    zillah, Aug 16, 2006, in forum: Cisco
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    1,073
    kirandeepmittal
    Nov 26, 2010
  2. Command line syntax is Invalid????

    , Apr 24, 2007, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    1,111
  3. Giuen
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,540
    Giuen
    Sep 12, 2008
  4. Evan Platt
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    941
    John Holmes
    Apr 18, 2009
  5. §ñühw¤£f
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    1,600
    §ñühw¤£f
    Apr 19, 2009
Loading...

Share This Page