Re: Comcast To Discontinue Newsgroup Service.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 18, 2008.

  1. Lurker wrote:

    > I looked at the Comcast link you supplied and whats not clear is if
    > you will receive a reduction from Comcast for the loss of the
    > service. And it seems to be an American thing, ISP's abandoning NNTP
    > service, why is that?

    It's politics. The New York State Attorney General Andrew Cuomo
    apparently wants to advance in the public eye and he's making a name for
    himself by "eliminating child pornography" from the Interweb.

    http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-9997051-38.html

    ...and all the ISPs he has threatened are using it as an excuse to drop
    Usenet and save a few dollars without looking bad themselves.

    Plenty more links available by googling for:

    new york cuomo usenet child pornography

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 18, 2008

  2. Beauregard T. Shagnasty

    Tony Guest

    cuomo can kiss baby's bums for all i care.

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    No, I just decided not to play your silly game is all. *Some* of us know
    proper manners

    the realm of understandability

    Tony, Sep 18, 2008

  3. On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 00:36:03 -0400
    Tony <> broke the internets with:

    > cuomo can kiss baby's bums for all i care.

    Cuoomoo is a right twat he is.
    Its entirely political. Whenever a politician wants some better ratings they scream "think of teh childrens!!!!" and the sheeple nod accordingly.

    FYI, you top-poasting blaggard.

    §ñühwø£f, Sep 18, 2008