Re: Comcast to Cap Data Transfers at 250 GB in Oct

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by EMB, Aug 30, 2008.

  1. EMB

    EMB Guest

    Carnations wrote:

    > Kinda makes broadband service here in NZ look rather pathetic don't ya
    > think?

    No it doesn't. NZ's geographical location and small size means that a
    very large proportion of our data comes from a long way away at a high
    cost compared to a US based Comcast connection.

    EMB, Aug 30, 2008

  2. EMB

    Cima Guest

    On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 16:06:12 +1200, EMB <> wrote:

    >Carnations wrote:
    >>
    >> Kinda makes broadband service here in NZ look rather pathetic don't ya
    >> think?

    >No it doesn't. NZ's geographical location and small size means that a
    >very large proportion of our data comes from a long way away at a high
    >cost compared to a US based Comcast connection.

    Most torrentors on Comcast are bitching about this cap, lol, I think I could
    live with a measly 250GB.

    Cima, Aug 30, 2008

  3. EMB

    Gordon Guest

    On 2008-08-30, EMB <> wrote:
    > Carnations wrote:
    >>
    >> Kinda makes broadband service here in NZ look rather pathetic don't ya
    >> think?

    > No it doesn't. NZ's geographical location and small size means that a
    > very large proportion of our data comes from a long way away at a high
    > cost compared to a US based Comcast connection.

    You mean monolopy?

    Look, telephone calls, there is no reason to charge extra for the distance
    apart of the callers. The fact that this message has gone to Germany after
    leaving my PC in NZ make the point.

    Look, once the highway is built, the idea is to let the traffic flow.
    Otherwise why build it.

    Oh dear. ME, Myself, I govern. Bugger

    Gordon, Aug 30, 2008