Re: Comcast propaganda

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by WCH, Jul 2, 2003.

  1. WCH

    WCH Guest

    I found the registry key to change the message. It's in HKEY CURRENT USER -
    Software - Microsoft - Internet Explorer - Main. It's called "Windows
    Title" and it's simple, editable text. Now I have a follow-up question: If
    a registry does not HAVE that key, it is ok to create it and put a message
    in that active title bar? I mean, will it hurt anything?
    Thanks for the input!
    WC

    "WCH" <> wrote in message
    > Comcast recently bought our cable internet provider. By making it nearly
    > impossible to find information to manually reset your newsgroup settings
    > they essentially force you to install their "transition" software (or
    > whatever they call it).
    >
    > Now, in the active title bar of EVERY SINGLE WEB PAGE I browse to, it says
    > "Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Comcast High-Speed Internet".
    >
    > How can I get rid of this message? It's not like Comcast is doing me some
    > big favor -- I pay over $50 a month for the service. I don't have the

    hours

    WCH, Jul 2, 2003