Re: Color ink out. Replace color ink cartridge. Press Enter to continue.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Donna Michaelson, Dec 25, 2004.

  1. On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 09:15:06 GMT, Donna Michaelson
    <> wrote:

    >Look way left against the sidewall.
    >A battery the size of a quarter is held in with a clip
    >on a black plastic shell on a small brown circuit board.

    I forgot to mention the battery was installed with the
    MINUS side down (toward the circuit board) with the
    PLUS side facing your head as you peek inside.

    For my HP OfficeJet d145 printer, it's the stock HP
    PANASONIC CR2032 3V battery (made in Indonesia).

    Now I've got to get wrapping my kids presents too!
    I hope you get your HP printer to behave before dawn.
    Good luck and Merry Christmas.

    Donna

    Donna Michaelson, Dec 25, 2004

  2. Donna Michaelson <> wrote in

    > On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 09:15:06 GMT, Donna Michaelson
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Look way left against the sidewall.
    >>A battery the size of a quarter is held in with a clip
    >>on a black plastic shell on a small brown circuit board.

    > I forgot to mention the battery was installed with the
    > MINUS side down (toward the circuit board) with the
    > PLUS side facing your head as you peek inside.
    >
    > For my HP OfficeJet d145 printer, it's the stock HP
    > PANASONIC CR2032 3V battery (made in Indonesia).
    >
    > Now I've got to get wrapping my kids presents too!
    > I hope you get your HP printer to behave before dawn.
    > Good luck and Merry Christmas.
    >
    > Donna

    Maybe this will help.
    www.alotofthings.com/supportforrefillers/resettingthehpC5010A5011A.html

    Disabling or resetting the C5010A & C5011A ink Level Indicators.
    (HP #14 ink cartridges)

    Overriding the ink level gauge is a method developed by Hewlett Packard
    for those who wish to refill or use recycled ink jet cartridges.
    We recommend viewing your HP owners manual for your particular model to
    determine the best method for you particular model and firmware version.
    Information on disabling ink level gauge can be found either in your
    owners manual or can be downloaded from Hewlett Packard web site.
    (www.hp.com).
    For printer models not listed below please refer to your owners manual
    for disabling/overriding ink level gauge.

    Refilled ink cartridges:
    To install a refilled HP ink cartridge, you must override the Ink Level
    Gauge.

    HP INK JET MULTI-FUNCTIONS D125 / D135 / D145 / D155
    Overriding the Ink Level Gauge disables the printer’s ink level tracking
    feature, but allows you to use a refilled cartridge.

    Caution! If you use the override sequence described below, you will
    disable the Ink Level Gauge for your ink cartridge. If you choose to
    continue printing with an ink cartridge that has had its Ink Level Gauge
    disabled, you will not know when the cartridge is running low or empty.
    Printing with an empty cartridge may seriously damage your print heads.
    Damage that results from continued use of an ink cartridge with a
    disabled Ink Level Gauge is not the responsibility of Hewlett-Packard.
    Damage that results from the use of non-HP ink is not the responsibility
    of Hewlett-Packard.

    The Ink Level Gauge is automatically reset when a different ink cartridge
    is installed in the printer. Overriding the Ink Level Gauge does not
    affect ink cartridge expiration dates. The printer cannot use an expired
    ink cartridge.

    Follow these steps to override the Ink Level Gauge:
    To override the ink level gauge for the black ink cartridge
    1 On the keypad press LEFT ARROW and RIGHT ARROW at the same time, then
    release.
    2 On the keypad, press in order, 7, 8, 9.
    3 When the prompt appears asking if you want to override the ink level
    gauge, press 1 for Yes, or 2 for No.

    To override the ink level gauge for the tri-color ink cartridge
    1 On the keypad press LEFT ARROW and RIGHT ARROW at the same time, then
    release.
    2 On the keypad, press in order, 4, 5, 6.
    3 When the prompt appears asking if you want to override the ink level
    gauge, press 1 for Yes, or 2 for No.

    Always install an ink cartridge before performing an Ink Level Gauge
    override.

    To restore factory defaults
    You can restore the original factory settings to what they were when you
    purchased your HP OfficeJet. Choosing to restore your factory defaults
    restores all settings, except copy settings, speed-dial entries, date,
    and fax header information. You can perform this process from the front
    panel only.

    1 Press Menu.
    2 Press 7, then press 5. This selects the Status and Maintenance menu,
    then selects the Restore Factory Defaults option. The factory default
    settings are restored.

    Sharon Rumsburg, Dec 25, 2004