Re: CMOSS battery questions .... fact or fiction?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Dustin Cook, Oct 7, 2006.

  1. Dustin Cook

    Dustin Cook Guest

    wrote in

    > wrote:
    >
    >>I have had one of my computers up and running since 1999 with no
    >>problems whatsoever. My clock keeps accurate time etc... The PC is a
    >>DELL Dimension PIII 500Mhz.....
    >>
    >>I remember reading somewhere that you need to replace the CMOSS battery
    >>every 3 to 5 years or else you'll have all kinds of isues. Well, I
    >>haven't replaced mine in the over 7 years I've had mine.
    >>
    >>Is this CMOSS thing just a myth? Or, are some like the Energizer Bunny
    >>and just keep going and going.... lol

    > Some are solder'd in (AmigA) the biggest concern there is leakage
    > after a period of time.

    Many older 386/486 some early 586 boards had them soldered...

    Haven't seen anything recently tho. :)

    > It's time to change your battery when you lose time or settings, or
    > before :)

    Yeps..

    --
    Dustin Cook
    Author of BugHunter - MalWare Removal Tool

    Dustin Cook, Oct 7, 2006