Re: CMOSS battery questions .... fact or fiction?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by doS, Oct 7, 2006.

  1. doS

    doS Guest

    what if he does...the ps will supply the battery

    doS, Oct 7, 2006

  2. doS

    Guest

    doS wrote:
    > what if he does...the ps will supply the battery
    >
    > "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > > On 6 Oct 2006 15:17:51 -0700, wrote:
    > >
    > >>I have had one of my computers up and running since 1999 with no
    > >>problems whatsoever. My clock keeps accurate time etc... The PC is a
    > >>DELL Dimension PIII 500Mhz.....
    > >>
    > >>I remember reading somewhere that you need to replace the CMOSS battery
    > >>every 3 to 5 years or else you'll have all kinds of isues. Well, I
    > >>haven't replaced mine in the over 7 years I've had mine.
    > >>
    > >>Is this CMOSS thing just a myth? Or, are some like the Energizer Bunny
    > >>and just keep going and going.... lol

    > > Do you turn the computer off at night or for extended periods of time?

    Yes.... actually, I would say, on average, my PC is "ON" about 10-15
    hours a day. Other times it is "OFF". Does this help keep it
    "charged"?

    Thank You

    D.

    , Oct 7, 2006