Re: Clearing Address links in Safari Browser

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 14, 2008.

  1. Atlas Shrugged wrote:

    > Also, Does anyone know how to clear the information in the Google
    > search command line? Safari doesn't seem to have that option either.

    You mean the dropdown of suggestions as you type? That's a recent
    addition to the google web page, and it is accomplished by JavaScript in
    the page. You can't stop it unless you disable JavaScript in the
    browser. The suggestions are coming from google, not your browser's
    cache.

    You could look around to see if there is a Safari addon like the
    NoScript extension for Firefox/SeaMonkey.

    Re your Safari question, can't help you there. Don't use it. S'far as I
    know there is no port to Linux.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 14, 2008