Re: CLEAR BACKGROUND FOR ICON LETTERS

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Michael Payne, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. ===============================================================

    "Paul Floyd Mann Jr." <> wrote in message
    news:...
    | HI, FIRST TIME HERE. WONDERING HOW I WOULD CHANGE THE BACKGROUND OF MY
    | ICON LETTERS SO THAT THEY WOULD BE TRANSPARENT. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

    *turns hearing aide down*

    Its possible to do this in Windows XP - by right clicking on the desktop and
    going from there - not sure about other operating systems.

    Michael Payne, Jul 9, 2003

  2. Michael Payne

    dr.p Guest

    "Michael Payne" <> wrote in

    > "Paul Floyd Mann Jr." <> wrote in message
    >| HI, FIRST TIME HERE. WONDERING HOW I WOULD CHANGE THE BACKGROUND OF
    >| MY ICON LETTERS SO THAT THEY WOULD BE TRANSPARENT. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
    >|

    > *turns hearing aide down*
    >
    > Its possible to do this in Windows XP - by right clicking on the
    > desktop and going from there - not sure about other operating systems.

    its not there,

    if you're using XP - control panel, system, advanced, settings (in
    performance) and make sure "use drop shadows for icon labels on the
    desktop" is selected.

    dr.p, Jul 9, 2003