Re: Cleaning CD's???

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by DH, Jul 5, 2003.

  1. DH

    DH Guest

    I use toothpaste.

    "Smiley" <> wrote in message
    > I just read something that I'm very doubtful of. Has anybody heard of

    this?
    > I just read that Peanut Butter's supposed to be able to remove the

    scratches

    DH, Jul 5, 2003

  2. DH

    Josef Knecht Guest

    "Smiley" <> wrote:

    > I just read something that I'm very doubtful of. Has anybody heard of

    this?
    > I just read that Peanut Butter's supposed to be able to remove the

    scratches
    > from CD's. Exact text:
    >
    > "Peanut butter - will get scratches out of CD's! Wipe off with a coffee
    > filter paper"
    >
    > That can't be true, can it?

    Whatever material you use, ensure you wipe/polish from the centre
    outwards (or from the outside edge in) as opposed to a circular motion
    around the central hole just the same as I would wipe my arse.

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

    Josef Knecht, Jul 9, 2003

  3. On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 15:56:33 +0930 (CST), Josef Knecht
    <> ripped off his/her clothing and screamed
    to the world:

    >"Smiley" <> wrote:
    >
    >> I just read something that I'm very doubtful of. Has anybody heard of

    >this?
    >> I just read that Peanut Butter's supposed to be able to remove the

    >scratches
    >> from CD's. Exact text:
    >>
    >> "Peanut butter - will get scratches out of CD's! Wipe off with a coffee
    >> filter paper"
    >>
    >> That can't be true, can it?
    >>

    >Whatever material you use, ensure you wipe/polish from the centre
    >outwards (or from the outside edge in) as opposed to a circular motion
    >around the central hole.

    <reference to your butt removed for cleanliness>

    Why is that? Does the Reader access directly across? Or is it that
    circular scratches can cause the lazer to track off ?
    --
    Phin, damn you, will you e-mail me?
    Vince

    to me in teh 24hrsupport.helpdesk noosfroop.

    Phineas P. Hornswaggle, Jul 9, 2003
  4. DH

    Josef Knecht Guest

    Phineas P. Hornswaggle <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 15:56:33 +0930 (CST), Josef Knecht
    ><> ripped off his/her clothing and screamed
    >to the world:
    >
    >>"Smiley" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I just read something that I'm very doubtful of. Has anybody heard of

    >>this?
    >>> I just read that Peanut Butter's supposed to be able to remove the

    >>scratches
    >>> from CD's. Exact text:
    >>>
    >>> "Peanut butter - will get scratches out of CD's! Wipe off with a coffee
    >>> filter paper"
    >>>
    >>> That can't be true, can it?
    >>>

    >>Whatever material you use, ensure you wipe/polish from the centre
    >>outwards (or from the outside edge in) as opposed to a circular motion
    >>around the central hole.

    ><reference to your butt removed for cleanliness>

    m-heh-heh

    >Why is that? Does the Reader access directly across? Or is it that
    >circular scratches can cause the lazer to track off ?

    The latter, dued.

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...