Re: Clean Install With Windows 7 Upgrade?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Gordon, Nov 10, 2009.

  1. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    On 2009-11-09, Jonno <> wrote:

    > "Michael" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Michael" <> wrote in message
    >>> You apparently could do a full clean install of Windows Vista using the
    >>> *Upgrade* disk by doing two installs.
    >>> Well, Paul Thurrott who discovered the Vista hack says you can also do a
    >>> full clean install with windows 7 Upgrade as well.
    >>>
    >>> http://community.winsupersite.com/b...e-answer.aspxorhttp://tinyurl.com/yz6kap8Save
    >>> yourself some money :)Michael(Sorry if someone has already posted this)
    >>>

    >> Err that should be
    >>
    >> <http://community.winsupersite.com:80/blogs/paul/archive/2009/10/23/clean-install-windows-7-with-upgrade-media-the-answer.aspx>
    >>
    >> or
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/yz6kap8
    >>
    >> Michael

    > And Microsoft haven't worked out someway to stop it?

    Why would they? You need to do do a clean install if upgrading from XP. MS
    wants you to upgrade your XP box as well as Vista.

    Also I think you need proof of XP or Vista if you upgrade via clean install.

    MS has all sorts of pages on their site when I last looked. My brain was too
    tired to sort it all out.
    Gordon, Nov 10, 2009