Re: Class 5 vs. Class 6 Toilets

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by VanguardLH, Aug 4, 2010.

  1. VanguardLH

    VanguardLH Guest

    JJG wrote:

    > We are planning to replace the 30 year old toilets in each of our 3
    > bathrooms and I am confused by the the terms Class 5 and Class 6 toilets by
    > Kohler. Will someone please try to explain how the differ and what are the
    > advantages of one over the other? We are not interested in other than
    > Kohler for reasons I am not sure I can explain.
    >
    > Thank you very much.

    Class 6 Koehler toilet
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F011tf6rO4o

    Yeah, big deal. Koehlers don't swirl so there's no bowl cleaning
    action. Class 6 is supposed to have better rim cleaning but I don't see
    it. It assumes a fast straight dump for a fash flush is all you want
    (while saving on water), and that you soften well your city water and
    don't have iron in it, or that the kids don't eat lots of chewing gum or
    other eats that are sticky going in and well as out. Not having enough
    water in the bowl to surround the solid waste is another reason why it
    doesn't clean well (so you'll be flushing twice so forget the water
    saving). Even using the teflon toilet cleaner won't help because the
    water doesn't clean what it doesn't touch.

    The jet-pushed flush action does help eliminate having to reach for the
    plunger if you typically use large and numerous wads of toilet paper to
    clean yourself. While they don't clean well, there's no victory lap for
    the turds racing for the hole. Well, if you're that concern about how
    many partial seconds faster a toilet can flush so the next person can
    dump and flush then install another toilet in that high-count household
    of yours, or get outside and do work or exercise or eat less so you
    don't have to park your rump to dump so much.

    I'd rather have more water in the bowl to surround the solid waste (less
    sticking to the bowl) and better rinsing action to clean the bowl during
    a flush and sometimes have to remember to flush during use and not just
    at the end if I dumped a large load or had to use several wads for the
    hershey squirts. Maybe the low water level and quick flush are
    favorites of those who really need to do a courtesy flush at short
    intervals. Maybe start using toilet paper you trust more between your
    hand and your anus so you don't have to wad up so much of it.
    VanguardLH, Aug 4, 2010

  2. VanguardLH

    M.L. Guest

    >> We are planning to replace the 30 year old toilets in each of our 3
    >> bathrooms and I am confused by the the terms Class 5 and Class 6 toilets by
    >> Kohler. Will someone please try to explain how the differ and what are the
    >> advantages of one over the other? We are not interested in other than
    >> Kohler for reasons I am not sure I can explain.
    >>
    >> Thank you very much.

    >Class 6 Koehler toilet
    >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F011tf6rO4o
    >
    >Yeah, big deal. Koehlers don't swirl so there's no bowl cleaning
    >action. Class 6 is supposed to have better rim cleaning but I don't see
    >it. It assumes a fast straight dump for a fash flush is all you want
    >(while saving on water), and that you soften well your city water and
    >don't have iron in it, or that the kids don't eat lots of chewing gum or
    >other eats that are sticky going in and well as out. Not having enough
    >water in the bowl to surround the solid waste is another reason why it
    >doesn't clean well (so you'll be flushing twice so forget the water
    >saving). Even using the teflon toilet cleaner won't help because the
    >water doesn't clean what it doesn't touch.
    >
    >The jet-pushed flush action does help eliminate having to reach for the
    >plunger if you typically use large and numerous wads of toilet paper to
    >clean yourself. While they don't clean well, there's no victory lap for
    >the turds racing for the hole. Well, if you're that concern about how
    >many partial seconds faster a toilet can flush so the next person can
    >dump and flush then install another toilet in that high-count household
    >of yours, or get outside and do work or exercise or eat less so you
    >don't have to park your rump to dump so much.
    >
    >I'd rather have more water in the bowl to surround the solid waste (less
    >sticking to the bowl) and better rinsing action to clean the bowl during
    >a flush and sometimes have to remember to flush during use and not just
    >at the end if I dumped a large load or had to use several wads for the
    >hershey squirts. Maybe the low water level and quick flush are
    >favorites of those who really need to do a courtesy flush at short
    >intervals. Maybe start using toilet paper you trust more between your
    >hand and your anus so you don't have to wad up so much of it.

    I've never regretted opening a thread as much as this one.
    M.L., Aug 5, 2010

  3. VanguardLH

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 8/4/2010 6:39 PM Just to please that super-ego, M.L. wrote the
    following tidbit of information:

    >>> We are planning to replace the 30 year old toilets in each of our 3
    >>> bathrooms and I am confused by the the terms Class 5 and Class 6 toilets by
    >>> Kohler. Will someone please try to explain how the differ and what are the
    >>> advantages of one over the other? We are not interested in other than
    >>> Kohler for reasons I am not sure I can explain.
    >>>
    >>> Thank you very much.

    >> Class 6 Koehler toilet
    >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F011tf6rO4o
    >>
    >> Yeah, big deal. Koehlers don't swirl so there's no bowl cleaning
    >> action. Class 6 is supposed to have better rim cleaning but I don't see
    >> it. It assumes a fast straight dump for a fash flush is all you want
    >> (while saving on water), and that you soften well your city water and
    >> don't have iron in it, or that the kids don't eat lots of chewing gum or
    >> other eats that are sticky going in and well as out. Not having enough
    >> water in the bowl to surround the solid waste is another reason why it
    >> doesn't clean well (so you'll be flushing twice so forget the water
    >> saving). Even using the teflon toilet cleaner won't help because the
    >> water doesn't clean what it doesn't touch.
    >>
    >> The jet-pushed flush action does help eliminate having to reach for the
    >> plunger if you typically use large and numerous wads of toilet paper to
    >> clean yourself. While they don't clean well, there's no victory lap for
    >> the turds racing for the hole. Well, if you're that concern about how
    >> many partial seconds faster a toilet can flush so the next person can
    >> dump and flush then install another toilet in that high-count household
    >> of yours, or get outside and do work or exercise or eat less so you
    >> don't have to park your rump to dump so much.
    >>
    >> I'd rather have more water in the bowl to surround the solid waste (less
    >> sticking to the bowl) and better rinsing action to clean the bowl during
    >> a flush and sometimes have to remember to flush during use and not just
    >> at the end if I dumped a large load or had to use several wads for the
    >> hershey squirts. Maybe the low water level and quick flush are
    >> favorites of those who really need to do a courtesy flush at short
    >> intervals. Maybe start using toilet paper you trust more between your
    >> hand and your anus so you don't have to wad up so much of it.

    > I've never regretted opening a thread as much as this one.

    Aw, come on now. Seeing the word Toilet in the subj. line you might
    expect there to be some shit somewhere. <g>

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere
    OldGringo38, Aug 5, 2010
  4. VanguardLH

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 18:39:03 -0500, M.L. wrote:

    >>> We are planning to replace the 30 year old toilets in each of our 3
    >>> bathrooms and I am confused by the the terms Class 5 and Class 6
    >>> toilets by Kohler. Will someone please try to explain how the differ
    >>> and what are the advantages of one over the other? We are not
    >>> interested in other than Kohler for reasons I am not sure I can
    >>> explain.
    >>>
    >>> Thank you very much.

    >>Class 6 Koehler toilet
    >>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F011tf6rO4o
    >>
    >>Yeah, big deal. Koehlers don't swirl so there's no bowl cleaning
    >>action. Class 6 is supposed to have better rim cleaning but I don't see
    >>it. It assumes a fast straight dump for a fash flush is all you want
    >>(while saving on water), and that you soften well your city water and
    >>don't have iron in it, or that the kids don't eat lots of chewing gum or
    >>other eats that are sticky going in and well as out. Not having enough
    >>water in the bowl to surround the solid waste is another reason why it
    >>doesn't clean well (so you'll be flushing twice so forget the water
    >>saving). Even using the teflon toilet cleaner won't help because the
    >>water doesn't clean what it doesn't touch.
    >>
    >>The jet-pushed flush action does help eliminate having to reach for the
    >>plunger if you typically use large and numerous wads of toilet paper to
    >>clean yourself. While they don't clean well, there's no victory lap for
    >>the turds racing for the hole. Well, if you're that concern about how
    >>many partial seconds faster a toilet can flush so the next person can
    >>dump and flush then install another toilet in that high-count household
    >>of yours, or get outside and do work or exercise or eat less so you
    >>don't have to park your rump to dump so much.
    >>
    >>I'd rather have more water in the bowl to surround the solid waste (less
    >>sticking to the bowl) and better rinsing action to clean the bowl during
    >>a flush and sometimes have to remember to flush during use and not just
    >>at the end if I dumped a large load or had to use several wads for the
    >>hershey squirts. Maybe the low water level and quick flush are
    >>favorites of those who really need to do a courtesy flush at short
    >>intervals. Maybe start using toilet paper you trust more between your
    >>hand and your anus so you don't have to wad up so much of it.

    > I've never regretted opening a thread as much as this one.

    But you've learned more here in 24 than you would have just about
    anywhere else.

    Meat Plow, Aug 5, 2010
  5. VanguardLH

    Tony Guest

    http://www.kohler.com/video2/index.jsp?bcpid=823619074&bclid=203863667&bctid=1498051779

    VanguardLH wrote:

    > JJG wrote:
    >
    > > We are planning to replace the 30 year old toilets in each of our 3
    > > bathrooms and I am confused by the the terms Class 5 and Class 6 toilets by
    > > Kohler. Will someone please try to explain how the differ and what are the
    > > advantages of one over the other? We are not interested in other than
    > > Kohler for reasons I am not sure I can explain.
    > >
    > > Thank you very much.

    > Class 6 Koehler toilet
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F011tf6rO4o
    >
    > Yeah, big deal. Koehlers don't swirl so there's no bowl cleaning
    > action. Class 6 is supposed to have better rim cleaning but I don't see
    > it. It assumes a fast straight dump for a fash flush is all you want
    > (while saving on water), and that you soften well your city water and
    > don't have iron in it, or that the kids don't eat lots of chewing gum or
    > other eats that are sticky going in and well as out. Not having enough
    > water in the bowl to surround the solid waste is another reason why it
    > doesn't clean well (so you'll be flushing twice so forget the water
    > saving). Even using the teflon toilet cleaner won't help because the
    > water doesn't clean what it doesn't touch.
    >
    > The jet-pushed flush action does help eliminate having to reach for the
    > plunger if you typically use large and numerous wads of toilet paper to
    > clean yourself. While they don't clean well, there's no victory lap for
    > the turds racing for the hole. Well, if you're that concern about how
    > many partial seconds faster a toilet can flush so the next person can
    > dump and flush then install another toilet in that high-count household
    > of yours, or get outside and do work or exercise or eat less so you
    > don't have to park your rump to dump so much.
    >
    > I'd rather have more water in the bowl to surround the solid waste (less
    > sticking to the bowl) and better rinsing action to clean the bowl during
    > a flush and sometimes have to remember to flush during use and not just
    > at the end if I dumped a large load or had to use several wads for the
    > hershey squirts. Maybe the low water level and quick flush are
    > favorites of those who really need to do a courtesy flush at short
    > intervals. Maybe start using toilet paper you trust more between your
    > hand and your anus so you don't have to wad up so much of it.

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    manners

    Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first day on
    the job for potty mouth,

    realm of understandability

    Tony, Aug 5, 2010
  6. VanguardLH

    anasole

    Joined:
    Apr 22, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    and the questions is never answered. sounds like government employees at work.:thumbdow:
    anasole, Apr 22, 2012
  7. VanguardLH

    bettyboop

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Now that I have 3 of these toilets in my house, I can only say one positive thing about them: the taller seat is better for people with back problems.

    We still have a builders toilet in our basement, which uses a lot of water. However, even though it is dark down there most of the time, there is never any mold. The Kohler toilets, always have red mold rings in them, because there is not enough water to clean the bowl. Also, the white tube that fits into the flush valve and refills the tank constantly pops out and the top has to be removed to correct the problem. I'm ordering new seals for the bottom of the flush valves because they have also run their course. These toilets are more trouble than they are worth.

    If you've ever been to Germany, their toilets actually have a nice flat , shelf area for your dodo to land before flushing. I guess they like to inspect before they flush.
    bettyboop, Aug 10, 2012