Re: Clamwin anyone?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by chuckcar, May 18, 2009.

  1. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    "Alexander Farquad" <> wrote in

    > I have this most annoying bot or virus that appears as a white rectangle
    > about 3 x 5 with a CLOSE button at the base.
    > I've scanned with Avast and with Clamwin. I've used SPYBOT S&D ten times.
    > I've used WIN ASO Registry Cleaner 10 times. I can't get rid of the
    > miserable pest even if I scan with system retore enabled and disabled. When
    > the pest appears, it will either cripple Outlook Express mail, my Internet
    > connection or both. Then I have to reboot. Here is last night's over 2

    hour
    > Clamwin results. I am confused by it; do not know what to do with the
    > infected files etc. I could use some assistance. Please, if you're just a
    > wise guy troll hanging around here to hurl insults and not to assist, leave
    > me alone. I'd appreciate only serious and earnest replies. Okay? Thank you
    > all.

    You only have 39,000 files on your hard drive? If this is *not* true, you
    didn't do a complete scan so wouldn't have found all infected files. You
    *HAVE* to do a complete scan of every single file on all your hard drives,
    quaranteen or delete all those files - including emails, which were listed in
    your dump. The subjects should make them easy to find. Turn *off* the preview
    pane in OE before you are do this.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, May 18, 2009

  2. chuckcar

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 18 May 2009 08:01:15 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    >You only have 39,000 files on your hard drive?

    Not everyone keeps lots of junk on their system, chucky.

    >If this is *not* true, you didn't do a complete scan so wouldn't have found all infected files.

    So, it's not possible the OP's A/V excludes certain file types?

    >You *HAVE* to do a complete scan of every single file on all your hard drives,
    >quaranteen

    quaranteen? Tha'ts a new one.

    Evan Platt, May 18, 2009