Re: Cisco WLC (AIR-WLC2006-K9) Serial Cable

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by scott owens, Feb 10, 2010.

  1. scott owens

    scott owens Guest

    The cisco "getting started" documentation on this product will tell
    you the cabling requirements.
    Plug it into a network and sniff the traffic - you might see some
    addresses that you could try to telnet/ssh/web to.

    scott owens, Feb 10, 2010

  2. Hamzah Khan <> writes:
    >On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 05:52:48 -0800, scott owens wrote:

    >> The cisco "getting started" documentation on this product will tell you
    >> the cabling requirements.
    >> Plug it into a network and sniff the traffic - you might see some
    >> addresses that you could try to telnet/ssh/web to.
    >>

    >I have already tried sniffing the packets, but it seems there is no IP
    >address set for the device yet, so I can't actually catch any packets
    >from it. :(

    >Cisco docs just say I need a null modem serial cable, which I've already
    >tried.

    >Can't think what else it could be. :(

    Its almost always cabling, try a different set of serial cables?
    Doug McIntyre, Feb 10, 2010