Re: Cisco VPN Client: Idle timeout every few minutes--pls help

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by rabint@gmail.com, Jul 17, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Thank you Brad.
    VPN folks have earlier insisted that server side setting is not the
    issue, so this is useful info.

    I had seen the error explanation, but not on Cisco's site, so I now
    have something authoritative I can show to VPN folks. The fix you
    mentioned I hadn't seen earlier, so that's definitely helpful.

    I am curious...what is the meaning of these settings from 1 to 4? Is 4
    mins the max idle time that is allowed? If that's true, it explains why
    I timeout after around 4 mins or so. The application I mainly use over
    VPN is not very chatty, so unless I am using it actively, (say I
    swithced to MS Word for a few minutes), it would make sense that I time
    out after 4 mins. However, I can't believe that 4 mins is all you get,
    so I hope my understanding is wrong.

    Regards.

    www.BradReese.Com wrote:
    > You may wish to investigate the Cisco VPN Client GUI Error Lookup Tool:

    > Try going to User Management, Groups, select the group that the user
    > belongs to.
    >
    > Then, select Authentication Servers.
    >
    > Hightlight the server.
    >
    > Then, select Modify.
    >
    > Then, change the Timeout value from 1 to 4
    >
    > Hope this helps.

    , Jul 17, 2006