Re: Cisco VPN Client breaks Microsoft PPTP VPN connections

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by John Caruso, Apr 7, 2004.

  1. John Caruso

    John Caruso Guest

    In article <406812cb$0$29250$>, Steve Baker wrote:
    > Didn't break it for me. Have both working just fine and didn't do anything
    > to fix up the PPTP after installing Cisco VPN 4.0.3(f).

    Odd. I'd done some wrangling with IPSEC in the past on this XP system,
    but nothing detailed, and I've made sure that the IPSEC policies are set
    to defaults and are not assigned...but still, the Cisco VPN client just
    will not work with the Windows PPTP client.

    Also, an IPSEC connection I'd created within Windows itself (using Windows'
    native IPSEC client, not the Cisco VPN client) lives with my PPTP VPN
    connections without any problems.

    Does anyone else have any feedback on success or failure they've had at
    running PPTP and the Cisco VPN client on the same XP box?

    - John
    John Caruso, Apr 7, 2004