    g729 and vise-vera and can the Cisco support on leg H323 and the other SIP.
    How would I setup my dial peers to transcode? Thanks

    --Matteo

    Matteo D'Amato, Oct 21, 2004

  2. Hello,

    > Is it possible to have one leg of a call on a Cisco AS5350 SIP using g711
    > and the second leg H323 using g729. Can the Cisco transcode from g711 to
    > g729 and vise-vera and can the Cisco support on leg H323 and the other SIP.
    > How would I setup my dial peers to transcode? Thanks

    No, Cisco AS5350 cannot do VoIP-VoIP calls. For VoIP-VoIP you have to use
    IPIPGW (but you cannot convert SIP-H323 with it). So the only option for
    you right now is tor setup PSTN loopback (e.g. connect port 0 with port 1
    with a crossover cable) on your AS5350, so the call will go
    VoIP(SIP)->PSTN(port0)->PSTN(port1)->VoIP(H323). If you need instructions
    on configuring the PSTN loopback, there is a pretty good example in the
    PortaUM User Guide from Porta Software:
    http://www.portaone.com/resources/documentation/index.html

    WBR, Andrew
    --
    Andrew Zhilenko
    Please remove "hide-email." from my email address when replying,

    Andrew Zhilenko, Oct 21, 2004

  3. Matteo D'Amato, Oct 22, 2004
  4. Hello,

    > Is a IPIPGW a Cisco gateway? What is the Model number. Thanks

    No, the link I sent you is a documentation for PortaSwitch. In the
    installation guide for PortaUM (unified messaging solution) page 25-26 is
    the detailed information how you can setup PSTN loopback on Cisco
    AS5300/5350 gateway for purposes of doing VoIP-VoIP calls.

    Andrew Zhilenko, Oct 22, 2004
  5. Matteo D'Amato

    jamesgoodwin

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2009
    Messages:
    3
    james

    hi

    i have a similar task, i need to do transcoding with ciscoAS5350.
    Call comes from VOIP dial peer goes to PRI , PRI sends it to another PRI
    and finally from PRI to VOIP .

    I am thinking I need two voip dial peer , one IN and one OUT .
    I am posting a sample config of my dial peers . I would really appreciate if
    someone can help me with configuration.

    !
    dial-peer voice 1000 voip
    destination-pattern 8378T
    voice-class codec 1
    fax rate 9600
    fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback cisco
    ip qos dscp cs7 media

    !
    dial-peer voice 103 pots
    incoming called-number 8378T
    direct-inward-dial
    port 3/0:D
    prefix 7746
    !
    dial-peer voice 120 pots
    incoming called-number 7746T
    direct-inward-dial
    port 3/1:D
    prefix 0
    !
    dial-peer voice 1100 voip
    destination-pattern 0T
    voice-class codec 1
    fax rate 9600
    fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback cisco
    ip qos dscp cs7 media
    session target ipv4:xx.xx.xx.xx

    Thanks

    jamesgoodwin, Feb 10, 2009