Re: Cisco multicast filtering, adding VLAN tag

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by v8rulezmore, Apr 30, 2004.

  1. v8rulezmore

    v8rulezmore Guest

    Thanks MH!

    Can you please show me a config example of this?

    For example if just tagging the following streams:

    From Dish____From Tandberg decoder____From Cisco L3 switch
    TV1__________226.0.0.1:8000___________226.0.0.1:8000 VLAN1
    TV2__________226.0.0.2:8000___________226.0.0.2:8000 VLAN2

    If 226.0.0.1:8000 and 226.0.0.2:8000 is both recieved on physica
    interface fa1/1 and will both leave on phy-interface fa1/2.

    Since all ip multicast streams must be transported at all tim
    regardless of if there is a subscriber or not for a particular strea
    IGMP/IGMP snooping should not be needed but still enabled I rea
    somewhere, can you confirm this?!?

    Since there will be no ip-multicast streams send or recieved to/fro
    any other routers in the network I presume that no PIM or othe
    multicast routing protocols has to be enabled, is this correct?

    Thx in advance
    /Mik

    -
    v8rulezmor