    I am having _exactly_ the same case.

    Thanks in advance,

    Peter
    Peter, Jan 5, 2005

  2. Peter

    Peter Guest

    I have looked into that closer (with ethereal) and this is what I get:
    in my case:
    1) 7960 sends ARP for 10.0.0.1 (which is my CCM, TFTP etc),
    2) 10.0.0.1 answers - here I am with MAC Addr.
    3) 7960 sends then TFTP request for OS79XX.TXT (which by ethereal is
    malformed packet tftp)
    4) my TFTP server does not log any request in that case (tried several
    tftps 3com's, cisco, etc...)
    5) 7960 sends TFTP req for OS79XX.TXT 5 times (without answer) and
    then
    6) it sends TFTP request for file with strange file name \ff\ff\ff\fff
    (few ff bytes in hex) followed by cnf.xml
    7) 7960 reboots

    Taking into account the fact that 7960 reboots while accessing MAC
    address in menu network configuration, it seems that somewhere in
    memory it has badly formed MAC address - thus this strange file name.

    7960 firmware:

    AppLoadID: P00303010102
    BootLoadID: PC03A300
    Version: 3.1(1.2)

    Does anyone has any idea how to force it to download a new firmware?
    which tftp server might work?

    Thanks for any help

    Peter
    Peter, Jan 5, 2005