Re: Cisco IP Phone 7960 broken?

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Jeremy McNamara, Jun 25, 2003.

  1. Try using the TFTP configuration method. You may have a bootload
    version, which doesn't have an actual application load on it.

    Jeremy McNamara

    Jeremy McNamara, Jun 25, 2003

  2. Jeremy McNamara

    Bernie Guest

    Jeremy McNamara <> wrote in message news:<B_5Ka.33655$2.webusenet.com>...
    > Try using the TFTP configuration method. You may have a bootload
    > version, which doesn't have an actual application load on it.
    >
    > Jeremy McNamara

    Thanks, Jeremy, for your fast reply. How can I get an "unbroken"
    bootload into that phone? Is the bootload you mentioned pure software,
    which can be reloaded again?

    Now, I have set up a DHCP server that distributes IP addresses and
    added a scope option "150 TFTP Server IP Address" = CallManager's IP
    address (I am not sure about 003 Router and 066 Boot Server Host
    Name). So far the "broken" 7960 phone doesn't change its behavior. In
    its menu: "Settings" -> "4 Status" -> "2 Network Statistics" there are
    some receive (Rcv) and transmit (Xmt) activities.

    In "Settings" -> "4 Status" -> "3 Firmware Versions" the same
    information shows up as on other, working 7960 phones.

    The TFTP server seems to be ok on my CallManager, since other phones
    are working.

    I didn't change anything in my CallManager Administation's Device
    Defaults Configuration (default load IP Phone 7960: P00303010102)

    Thanks in advance,
    Bernie

    Bernie, Jun 25, 2003

  3. I can't help you much with the Call Manager stuff... After writing a
    billing system for it, I decided never to look at any of that crap ever
    again.

    Jeremy McNamara

    Jeremy McNamara, Jun 25, 2003
  4. Jeremy McNamara

    IP Endpoints

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2009
    Messages:
    3
    The best way would be to download TFTP server software such as Solarwinds onto a local pc and point the phones TFTP address to the local PC's IP address. You can set a perticular folder as default within Solarwinds and have the boot files located there.

    I hope this helps,
    IP Endpoints
    www-dot-ipendpoints-dot-co-dot-uk

    IP Endpoints, Feb 18, 2009
  5. Jeremy McNamara

    ReignCall

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Try to search in some online site that might help to you... Or ask for those person that they know how fix any phones like that...When a Cisco IP Phone 7960 is connected to the Cisco Wireless IP Phone 7920, .... after registering with Cisco CallManager because of a broken TCP socket.

    ReignCall, Apr 13, 2009