Re: Cisco FAX Server ???

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Andy, Mar 8, 2012.

  1. Andy

    Andy Guest

    On 03/01/2012 10:45 PM, Elia S. wrote:
    > Hello
    > exist anything that installed on a cisco router, acts as a FAX server?
    >
    > Like a fax server with email queing?
    > It receives a fax on a analog line and sends via FAX to an email address?
    >
    > Just asking...
    >
    > thanks

    It depends how you define "fax server".

    T.37 Store-and-Forward Fax:

    Converts a fax message into a TIFF file.
    Creates a standard MIME e-mail message.
    Attaches the TIFF file to the e-mail message.
    Forwards the e-mail message and attachment to the messaging
    infrastructure of a designated SMTP server, where the message is stored.

    It works a treat.

    Andy, Mar 8, 2012

  2. Andy

    Andy Guest

    On 11/03/2012 9:35 AM, Elia S. wrote:
    > Hello Andy
    >
    > I have looked a bit on the cisco website.
    >
    > But for me it is uncelar one requirement.
    >
    > I have a cisco router (maybe 3700 or 2600) with the voice card VIC as
    > written in the cisco site.
    > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios..._over_ip_application_guide/t37.html#wp1110418
    >

    > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk777/technologies_white_paper09186a00801fe5da.shtml
    >

    > The docs speaks about a gateway... but cannot I receive the fax on the
    > router (then sent via email) directly plugging the cisco to the PSTN line?
    >

    > "Andy" ha scritto nel messaggio news:jjajp4$ofu$...
    >
    > On 03/01/2012 10:45 PM, Elia S. wrote:
    >> Hello
    >> exist anything that installed on a cisco router, acts as a FAX server?
    >>
    >> Like a fax server with email queing?
    >> It receives a fax on a analog line and sends via FAX to an email address?
    >>
    >> Just asking...
    >>
    >> thanks

    > It depends how you define "fax server".
    >
    > T.37 Store-and-Forward Fax:
    >
    > Converts a fax message into a TIFF file.
    > Creates a standard MIME e-mail message.
    > Attaches the TIFF file to the e-mail message.
    > Forwards the e-mail message and attachment to the messaging
    > infrastructure of a designated SMTP server, where the message is stored.
    >
    > It works a treat.

    The gateway is the router. The incoming call will be received on a voice
    module in that router.

    That second document - the Cisco Fax Services over IP Application Guide
    - is the one to be looking at.

    Andy, Mar 11, 2012