Re: Cisco FAX Server ???

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Rod Dorman, Jan 4, 2012.

  1. Rod Dorman

    Rod Dorman Guest

    In article <>,
    Elia S. <> wrote:
    >exist anything that installed on a cisco router, acts as a FAX server?
    >
    >Like a fax server with email queing?
    >It receives a fax on a analog line and sends via FAX to an email address?

    I'm not aware of any (and I'd be surprised if there is one) but I am
    curious why you would be using a router to do this instead of a FAX
    receiving app on a general purpose computer.

    --
    -- Rod --
    rodd(at)polylogics(dot)com
    Rod Dorman, Jan 4, 2012

  2. Rod Dorman

    Rob Guest

    Elia S. <> wrote:
    > I would like to do that on a router so I could be sure that it will be very
    > reliable, instead than on any general PC.
    >
    > just my 2 cents, knowing that cisco ios is very stable on my network!

    You will find this function on cheap home routers, but I doubt you will
    find it on a cisco IOS router.
    Rob, Jan 5, 2012

  3. Rod Dorman

    Rob Guest

    alexd <> wrote:
    > Rob (for it is he) wrote:
    >
    >> You will find this function on cheap home routers, but I doubt you will
    >> find it on a cisco IOS router.

    > I haven't seen a fax server on any router, never mind a cheap home one.

    AVM Fritz!Box routers do have that.
    Rob, Jan 5, 2012