Re: Cisco AP1231 Telne timeout

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Barry Gross, Apr 28, 2005.

  1. Barry Gross

    Barry Gross Guest

    "Barry Gross" <> wrote in message
    I am trying to do an extended debug on my APs and wish to keep a telnet
    session open for 5,6 hours at a crack. I have adjusted all the timeouts
    yet
    I still get disconnected after ten minutes. any thoughts? config follows
    fwiw ssh has the same results as telnet

    thanks
    barry

    version 12.3
    no service pad
    service timestamps debug datetime msec
    service timestamps log datetime msec localtime show-timezone
    service password-encryption
    !
    !
    logging buffered informational
    !
    clock timezone S -6
    clock summer-time S recurring
    ip subnet-zero
    !
    aaa new-model
    !
    !
    aaa authentication login default group tacacs+ enable
    aaa authentication login eap_methods group radius
    aaa authentication login mac_methods local
    aaa authorization exec default group tacacs+
    aaa authorization configuration default group tacacs+
    aaa accounting commands 0 default start-stop group tacacs+
    aaa accounting commands 15 default start-stop group tacacs+
    aaa accounting network acct_methods start-stop group radius
    aaa session-id common
    !
    !
    bridge irb
    !
    !
    interface Dot11Radio0
    mac-address 0040.9657.2cec
    no ip address
    no ip route-cache
    !
    encryption vlan 34 mode wep mandatory
    !
    encryption vlan 345 mode wep mandatory
    !
    encryption vlan 344 mode wep mandatory
    !
    encryption vlan 343 mode wep mandatory
    !
    encryption vlan 342 mode wep mandatory
    !
    encryption vlan 341 mode wep mandatory
    !
    ssid vlan346
    vlan 346
    authentication open
    !
    ssid vlan344
    vlan 344
    authentication open eap eap_methods
    authentication network-eap eap_methods
    !
    ssid vlan34
    vlan 34
    authentication open
    authentication network-eap eap_methods
    !
    ssid vlan343
    vlan 343
    authentication open
    !
    ssid vlan341
    vlan 341
    authentication open
    !
    ssid vlan345
    vlan 345
    authentication open
    !
    ssid vlan342
    vlan 342
    authentication open eap eap_methods
    authentication network-eap eap_methods
    !
    speed basic-11.0
    power local 50
    no preamble-short
    channel 2412
    station-role root fallback shutdown
    beacon dtim-period 10
    no dot11 extension aironet
    no cdp enable
    !
    interface Dot11Radio0.34
    encapsulation dot1Q 34 native
    no ip route-cache
    no cdp enable
    bridge-group 1
    bridge-group 1 subscriber-loop-control
    bridge-group 1 block-unknown-source
    no bridge-group 1 source-learning
    no bridge-group 1 unicast-flooding
    bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled
    !
    interface Dot11Radio0.341
    encapsulation dot1Q 341
    no ip route-cache
    no cdp enable
    bridge-group 41
    bridge-group 41 subscriber-loop-control
    bridge-group 41 block-unknown-source
    no bridge-group 41 source-learning
    no bridge-group 41 unicast-flooding
    bridge-group 41 spanning-disabled
    !
    interface Dot11Radio0.342
    encapsulation dot1Q 342
    no ip route-cache
    no cdp enable
    bridge-group 42
    bridge-group 42 subscriber-loop-control
    bridge-group 42 block-unknown-source
    no bridge-group 42 source-learning
    no bridge-group 42 unicast-flooding
    bridge-group 42 spanning-disabled
    !
    interface Dot11Radio0.343
    encapsulation dot1Q 343
    no ip route-cache
    no cdp enable
    bridge-group 43
    bridge-group 43 subscriber-loop-control
    bridge-group 43 block-unknown-source
    no bridge-group 43 source-learning
    no bridge-group 43 unicast-flooding
    bridge-group 43 spanning-disabled
    !
    interface Dot11Radio0.344
    encapsulation dot1Q 344
    no ip route-cache
    no cdp enable
    bridge-group 44
    bridge-group 44 subscriber-loop-control
    bridge-group 44 block-unknown-source
    no bridge-group 44 source-learning
    no bridge-group 44 unicast-flooding
    bridge-group 44 spanning-disabled
    !
    interface Dot11Radio0.345
    encapsulation dot1Q 345
    no ip route-cache
    no cdp enable
    bridge-group 45
    bridge-group 45 subscriber-loop-control
    bridge-group 45 block-unknown-source
    no bridge-group 45 source-learning
    no bridge-group 45 unicast-flooding
    bridge-group 45 spanning-disabled
    !
    interface Dot11Radio0.346
    encapsulation dot1Q 346
    no ip route-cache
    no cdp enable
    bridge-group 46
    bridge-group 46 subscriber-loop-control
    bridge-group 46 block-unknown-source
    no bridge-group 46 source-learning
    no bridge-group 46 unicast-flooding
    bridge-group 46 spanning-disabled
    !
    interface FastEthernet0
    no ip address
    no ip route-cache
    duplex auto
    speed auto
    ntp broadcast client
    no cdp enable
    !
    interface FastEthernet0.34
    encapsulation dot1Q 34 native
    no ip route-cache
    no cdp enable
    bridge-group 1
    no bridge-group 1 source-learning
    bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled
    !
    interface FastEthernet0.341
    encapsulation dot1Q 341
    no ip route-cache
    no cdp enable
    bridge-group 41
    no bridge-group 41 source-learning
    bridge-group 41 spanning-disabled
    !
    interface FastEthernet0.342
    encapsulation dot1Q 342
    no ip route-cache
    no cdp enable
    bridge-group 42
    no bridge-group 42 source-learning
    bridge-group 42 spanning-disabled
    !
    interface FastEthernet0.343
    encapsulation dot1Q 343
    no ip route-cache
    no cdp enable
    bridge-group 43
    no bridge-group 43 source-learning
    bridge-group 43 spanning-disabled
    !
    interface FastEthernet0.344
    encapsulation dot1Q 344
    no ip route-cache
    no cdp enable
    bridge-group 44
    no bridge-group 44 source-learning
    bridge-group 44 spanning-disabled
    !
    interface FastEthernet0.345
    encapsulation dot1Q 345
    no ip route-cache
    no cdp enable
    bridge-group 45
    no bridge-group 45 source-learning
    bridge-group 45 spanning-disabled
    !
    interface FastEthernet0.346
    encapsulation dot1Q 346
    no ip route-cache
    no cdp enable
    bridge-group 46
    no bridge-group 46 source-learning
    bridge-group 46 spanning-disabled
    !
    interface BVI1
    ip address dhcp
    no ip route-cache
    !
    ip http server
    ip http authentication aaa
    no ip http secure-server
    ip http help-path
    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/779/smbiz/prodconfig/help/eag
    ip radius source-interface BVI1
    logging trap warnings
    logging facility local0
    logging snmp-trap emergencies
    logging snmp-trap alerts
    logging snmp-trap critical
    logging snmp-trap errors
    logging snmp-trap warnings
    logging 10.101.1.183
    snmp-server view basic iso included
    snmp-server view basic ieee802dot11 included
    snmp-server enable traps tty
    no cdp advertise-v2
    no cdp run
    tacacs-server directed-request
    radius-server attribute 32 include-in-access-req format %h
    radius-server vsa send accounting
    bridge 1 route ip
    !
    !
    !
    line con 0
    session-timeout 35791 output
    terminal-type ansi
    transport preferred all
    transport output all
    stopbits 1
    line vty 0 4
    session-timeout 35791 output
    terminal-type ansi
    transport preferred all
    transport input all
    transport output all
    line vty 5 15
    session-timeout 35791 output
    terminal-type ansi
    transport preferred all
    transport input all
    transport output all
    !
    ntp clock-period 17189350
    ntp server 10.101.1.6
    end
    Barry Gross, Apr 28, 2005

  2. ~ I am trying to do an extended debug on my APs and wish to keep a telnet
    ~ session open for 5,6 hours at a crack. I have adjusted all the timeouts

    Not *all* of them ...

    ~ yet
    ~ I still get disconnected after ten minutes. any thoughts? config follows
    ~ fwiw ssh has the same results as telnet
    ~
    ~
    ~ thanks
    ~ barry
    ~
    ~ version 12.3

    [ irrelevant config bits elided ]

    ~ line vty 0 4
    ~ session-timeout 35791 output
    ~ terminal-type ansi
    ~ transport preferred all
    ~ transport input all
    ~ transport output all
    ~ line vty 5 15
    ~ session-timeout 35791 output
    ~ terminal-type ansi
    ~ transport preferred all
    ~ transport input all
    ~ transport output all

    Try mixing in: "exec-timeout <large value>"

    Aaron
    Aaron Leonard, Apr 28, 2005

  3. On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 07:37:53 -0500, "Barry Gross" <> wrote:

    ~
    ~ "Barry Gross" <> wrote in message
    ~ news:d4qkvu$g8k$...
    ~ I am trying to do an extended debug on my APs and wish to keep a telnet
    ~ session open for 5,6 hours at a crack.

    Another point ... if you are trying to collect debug output across
    your IOS devices across a long period of time ... here are some
    alternatives:

    - set up a syslog server and log your messages to it

    - configure "logging buffered <large value> debugging", where <large value>
    is some value that is large enough to capture all the debugging messages
    of interest before the buffer wraps, yet is comfortably smaller than your
    available free processor memory. Then suck out the buffer contents with:
    undebug all / terminal length 0
    Then either "show log" to a captured terminal session, or use
    "show log | redirect <URL>"

    Aaron
    Aaron Leonard, Apr 28, 2005
  4. Barry Gross