Re: Cisco 877 - DNS/DHCP/DDNS

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Galerio, Mar 30, 2009.

  1. Galerio

    Galerio Guest

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have DHCP and DNS configured on my Cisco 877 and have been trying to
    > get Dynmaic DNS updates running. Is this possible on an 877? If it is can
    > someone please point me to some documentation I can read?

    Do this:
    conf t
    ip ddns update method ddns
    HTTP
    add http://[username]:[password]@members.dyndns.org/nic/update?system=dyndns&hostname=<h>&myip=<a>
    remove http://[username]:[password]@members.dyndns.org/nic/update?system=dyndns&hostname=<h>&myip=<a>
    interval maximum 28 0 0 0

    (but REMEMBER to do Ctrl+v before to type the ? so write all these line manually, don't do a copy/paste.

    Then always in conf t type
    interface Dialer0
    ip ddns update hostname [your host].dyndns.org
    ip ddns update ddns

    and substitute [your host].dyndns.org with your host (but use the dyndns.org extensin).

    Then if you have an access list for inbound in interface Dialer0 then add this line:
    access-list 101 permit tcp host 204.13.248.112 eq www any log
    where 204.13.248.112 is the ip of members.dyndns.org.

    Bye

    --
    Contest(abile) !!!! Partecipate numerosi!!
    http://www.1e2.it/contest-abile

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/galerio/
    ogni commento e critica son graditi!!!
    Iscriviti anche tu al gruppo Facebook di
    appassionati di fotografia digitale:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=28645424291

    Galerio, Mar 30, 2009

  2. Galerio

    Galerio Guest

    Il 31/03/2009, Russell Wood ha detto :
    > On 2009-03-30, Galerio <> wrote:
    >>> Hi all,
    >>>
    >>> I have DHCP and DNS configured on my Cisco 877 and have been trying to
    >>> get Dynmaic DNS updates running. Is this possible on an 877? If it is can
    >>> someone please point me to some documentation I can read?

    >> Do this:
    >> conf t
    >> ip ddns update method ddns
    >> HTTP
    >> add
    >> http://[username]:[password]@members.dyndns.org/nic/update?system=dyndns&hostname=<h>&myip=<a>
    >> remove
    >> http://[username]:[password]@members.dyndns.org/nic/update?system=dyndns&hostname=<h>&myip=<a>
    >> interval maximum 28 0 0 0

    > Thanks, but I meant local DNS (e.g. PC gets assignment from DHCP and then
    > the router adds the hostname to DNS.

    what a strange things... you could do it with a software on each pc...
    or better you can assign static ip to each device.
    Anyway, I don't know how you can do this

    Galerio, Mar 31, 2009