Re: cisco 837 crash (IOS 12.2(8)YN aka 12.2(11.2u)T)

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Tom S., Jul 7, 2003.

  1. Tom S.

    Tom S. Guest

    "Chris Bisazza" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Looks like an IOS bug. What version are you running?

    It says something like the following:

    version 12.2(8)YN early deployment release synced to 12.2(11.2u)T

    Or words to that effect. I'm not in a position to login to the box at
    the moment.

    Is this a known problem? From what I can tell, this doesn't appear to
    be particularly old IOS.

    > New units usually ship with an old-ish IOS version, so you should be able to
    > get it upgraded where you bought it.
    >
    > Chris.

    Thanks,

    Tom.

    Tom S., Jul 7, 2003

  2. Tom S.

    Paul Stewart Guest

    Definately upgrade IOS. Have an 831 (almost the same) running DSL in
    Canada and had some "weird" things happening... now running:

    12.2(13)ZG

    with no problems... rock solid for what I'm doing (/29 subnet, NAT,
    FW, etc)

    Take care,
    Paul

    Paul Stewart, Jul 7, 2003

  3. Tom S.

    Jon HoSee Guest

    Yes, I'd have to agree that it's the IOS. Although I have a Cisco 831, it
    would restart itself every couple of days witht the (8)YN version. Now
    using the (13)ZH1 IOS and never had a problem since. If you have trouble
    getting a newer IOS let me know, and maybe I can help.

    -Jon

    Jon HoSee, Jul 10, 2003