Re: Cisco 803 wont disconnect - frequent pings

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Peter, Sep 29, 2003.

  1. Peter

    Peter Guest

    >With help from someone at uk.telecom I seem to have a fix, in the form
    >of
    >
    >>no ip unreachables

    >under both the Dialer1 and BRI0
    >
    >and also the entire access list reduced to
    >
    >>access-list 100 permit tcp any any eq www
    >>access-list 100 permit udp any any eq domain
    >>access-list 100 permit tcp any any eq domain

    >There are no 'deny' statements as there is an implicit 'deny all' - no
    >idea why the Cisco 803 handbook shows otherwise...
    >
    >The above config appears to work for www, email, ftp and msn and yahoo
    >messengers.
    >

    >Peter.

    An update: Yahoo Messenger works but fails to keep the line open; one
    has to reconfigure it to use "firewall with no proxies" which makes it
    use entirely HTTP packets...

    I hope this helps somebody. Great stuff!

    Peter.
    E-mail replies to but remove the X and the Y.
    Peter, Sep 29, 2003