Re: Cisco 803 ROMMON password

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Martijn Koopsen, Jul 21, 2003.

  1. Have you tried this ?

    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/474/pswdrec_800.html

    Rood

    "Delphi" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying a password-recovery procedure on a Cisco 803 router. But

    somehow, to my
    > surprise, someone has put an enable password in TinyRom. We can only list

    values, not
    > set them. So without the password we can't set the ios-conf to a different

    value to
    > proceed with password recovery.
    >
    > Does anyone have a suggestion on removing a password from the BOOT

    envinroment??

    Martijn Koopsen, Jul 21, 2003

  2. Martijn Koopsen

    Kevin Pierce Guest

    Silvan:

    Perhaps this is what you need: "Cisco (803) boots into TinyROM"

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps380/products_field_notice09186a00800940ec.shtml

    Hope it does the trick...

    Kevin

    "Delphi" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > > Have you tried this ?
    > > http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/474/pswdrec_800.html
    > >
    > > Rood

    > Ja die heb ik geprobeerd ;-)
    >
    > That's the password recovery procedure that usually should work. The

    problem is that
    > I don't see a boot# prompt, but a boot> prompt, which has to have an

    'enable' command
    > with a password to get to the 'enabled' boot# prompt, in which I can do

    the 'set'
    > instructions. And this password is missing.
    >
    > In the boot> prompt I can only see the settings, not modify them.
    >
    > Silvan

    ---
    Kevin Pierce, Jul 22, 2003