Re: cisco 3640 (R4700) Software forced crash

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by JanC, Oct 15, 2003.

  1. JanC

    JanC Guest

    Hi again !
    We swapped the box, and will replace the DRAM in the original box this
    week-end.
    But I have another prob ;) I'll make a new thread.

    Thx all !
    best regards JanC

    "JanC" <> skrev i melding
    > Hi once more :)
    >
    > I did my option number 1: Unpower the box for 3 mins.
    > I really did a power shutdown - unplug when box alive.
    >
    > This time the box created the crashinfo_xxx
    >
    > about patience, sanity ... i will return
    >

    > "JanC" <> skrev i melding
    > >

    > > "Jesper Skriver" <> skrev i melding
    > > > https://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/OutputInterpreter/home.pl
    > > >
    > > > say that the stack decode is
    > > >
    > > > The stack trace decoded symbols are:
    > > > validblock
    > > > validate_memory
    > > > checkheaps
    > > > checkheaps_process
    > > >
    > > > Which indicate a memory corruption bug, if you enable
    > > >
    > > > debug sanity
    > > >
    > > > The router will catch the corruption earlier, helping in trouble
    > > > shooting the problem.
    > > >
    > > > Also, it failed to write a crashinfo due to the flash being full,

    likely
    > > > from other crashinfo files, if you delete them, collect a new

    crashinfo

    JanC, Oct 15, 2003