Re: Cisco 2600XM and external eth DSL modem

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Rob, Sep 5, 2011.

  1. Rob

    Rob Guest

    Elia S. <> wrote:
    > How should I configure an external adsl modem?
    >
    > Thank you

    When I was still using the ADSL lines, I had them configured
    in "SIP Spoof" mode and connected to an ethernet interface (in
    fact on a VLAN via a VLAN-capable switch) with standard config
    for ethernet.
    Advantage is that you don't have any NAT in the modem.

    It seems like it is becoming more and more difficult to obtain
    an ADSL modem that is just a modem, no builtin NAT router.
    (although it is good that you don't use PPPoA, this makes everything
    much worse but unfortunately is used by most local ISPs here)

    What type of modem do you use?
    Rob, Sep 5, 2011