Re: cisco 1721 and WIC-4ESW , need help pleasssse

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by J, Jun 7, 2004.

  1. J

    J Guest

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps221/prod_configuration_basics09186a00801a055a.html

    try the link above, you need assign IP on VLAN instead of fastethernet.

    frog
    http://www.ethernet.hk product and feature update of networking

    "No Spam" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Please, give me some help!!!
    >
    > I have a router 1721 router with 2 WAN Interface Cards (WICs) and 1
    > buildin
    > fastethernet:
    >
    > WIC-1ENET - USED FOR INTERNET CONNECTIONS:
    > 1) Ethernet5 = is connected to a TV cable modem (for internet
    > browsing etc..) and gets it's ip address from a dhcp server
    >
    > BUILDIN FASTETHERNET:
    > 2) fastethernet0 = 172.16.43.1
    > This ethernet is connected to a third-party switch (from TRENDNET)
    > where I have my home network connected: 172.16.43.0 / 255.255.255.0
    > All PCs get there ip address from a dhcp server running on the cisco
    > router.
    >
    > I have bought a WIC-4ESW Cisco 4-Port Fast Ethernet Switch WAN
    > Interface Card
    > Which are:
    > 3) fastethernet1
    > 4) fastethernet2
    > 5) fastethernet3
    > 6) fastethernet4
    >
    > I would like to connect a wifi access point (IP 172.16.44.10

    255.255.255.0)
    > to the fastethernet1 (of WIC-4ESW)
    > a) The accesspoint (with IP 172.16.44.10) should be able to ping any host
    > on the internet
    > b) The accesspoint (with IP 172.16.44.10) should be able to ping any host
    > on the network 172.16.43.0
    > c) The network 172.16.43.0 should be able to ping the 172.16.44.10
    > accesspoint host
    >
    > How do I have to configure the router to do this, with vlan or ?!
    > Unfortunately I have no experience and no idea how to do a vlan
    > configuration.
    > So "any" help (links, books etc) would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Please see my config file in attachement, as I really tried a lot

    different

    J, Jun 7, 2004