Re: Cisco 1721 (all feature set) with WIC-4ESW 4 FastEthernet Switch

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Erez Tourjeman, Apr 5, 2004.

  1. Joce <> wrote in message news:<AjW9c.8198$>...
    > Martin Gallagher wrote:
    >
    > > On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 14:27:49 -0800, Erez Tourjeman wrote:
    > >
    > >> Although i'm not a newbie to cisco devices, i find my self chasing my
    > >> tail, trying to configure a dmz to my router using the WIC-4ESW
    > >> ports as DMZs.
    > >> Because this WIC card is a switch (layer 2 device) i can't asign IP
    > >> addresses to any of his four FastEthernet ports. I would really
    > >> appreciate it if somebody can direct me to the right way to do it. i've
    > >> been searching the entire internet for good example, but with no success
    > >> until now.

    > > How about:
    > >
    > > 4-Port Ethernet Switch Configuration Notes for the Cisco 1700 Series
    > > Routers
    > >

    > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps221/prod_configuration_basics09186a00801a055a.html
    > >
    > > or
    > >

    > http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_mod/1700/1700cnts/1711swm.pdf
    > >
    > > Basically it seems the thing is a rsal switch. you need to configure
    > > vlans and vlam interfaces.
    > >

    > By default all 4 ports are part of the VLAN1... Assign an IP address to it
    > and that's it.
    >
    > But better to change it to something else than VLAN1

    can you please attach and example ?
    I tried that, I mean to assign an IP address to that vlan but i can't
    even ping that vlan from within the router.

    Thanks in advance,

    Erez
    Erez Tourjeman, Apr 5, 2004

  2. Erez Tourjeman

    Joce Guest

    Erez Tourjeman wrote:

    > Joce <> wrote in message
    >> Martin Gallagher wrote:

    >> > How about:
    >> >
    >> > 4-Port Ethernet Switch Configuration Notes for the Cisco 1700 Series
    >> > Routers

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps221/prod_configuration_basics09186a00801a055a.html

    >> > or

    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_mod/1700/1700cnts/1711swm.pdf

    >> > Basically it seems the thing is a rsal switch. you need to configure
    >> > vlans and vlam interfaces.
    >> >

    >> By default all 4 ports are part of the VLAN1... Assign an IP address to
    >> it and that's it.
    >>
    >> But better to change it to something else than VLAN1

    > can you please attach and example ?
    > I tried that, I mean to assign an IP address to that vlan but i can't
    > even ping that vlan from within the router.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Erez

    You configure VLAN1 like a regular interface...

    Buy default I think it will be shutdown, so go under the interface, assign
    IP and no shutdown
    Joce, Apr 26, 2004