Re: Cisco 1200 - DHCP Server

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Martin Gallagher, Oct 2, 2006.

  1. On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 07:16:13 -0700, cakens wrote:

    > Attempting to setup a Cisco 1200 to give out private DHCP addresses to
    > its clients. I have added the following statements, however the AP
    > isn't giving out any addresses.
    >
    > ip dhcp pool wireless
    > network 10.10.10.0 255.255.255.0
    > default-router x.x.x.x
    > lease infinite
    >
    > I have done some debugging on the AP and am getting the following
    > error.
    >
    > "DHCPD: there is no address pool for 0.0.0.0."

    What are the IP address(es) of your AP? The DHCP server figures out
    which address pool to use by looking at the address of the interface the
    DHCP request was received on, or the giaddr field in the request in the
    case of relayed requests.

    I'm just guessing but it looks like there is no such address for the
    server to compare with.

    --
    Rgds,
    Martin