Re: Chron software for windows

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by JohnO, Aug 7, 2009.

  1. JohnO

    JohnO Guest

    On Aug 7, 11:48 pm, Collector_NZ <> wrote:
    > My thanks to whom ever it was here who put me onto this
    >
    > http://www.splinterware.com/
    >
    > It has provided extremely good, and at US$30 dam good value.

    What did you need that the windows scheduler couldn't do?

    JohnO, Aug 7, 2009

  2. JohnO

    JohnO Guest

    On Aug 8, 8:56 am, JohnO <> wrote:
    > On Aug 7, 11:48 pm, Collector_NZ <> wrote:
    >
    > > My thanks to whom ever it was here who put me onto this

    > >http://www.splinterware.com/

    > > It has provided extremely good, and at US$30 dam good value.

    > What did you need that the windows scheduler couldn't do?

    Oh, I see that it has a number of cool features in addition to just
    scheduling.

    JohnO, Aug 7, 2009

  3. In message <e36ba571-898e-4cad-
    >, JohnO wrote:

    > What did you need that the windows scheduler couldn't do?

    And of course the more third-party crap you burden a Dimdows system with,
    the more unstable it becomes.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 9, 2009
  4. In message <>, Collector_NZ wrote:

    > JohnO wrote:
    >
    >> What did you need that the windows scheduler couldn't do?
    >>

    > The ability to run a php page with opening a browser ...

    If you're trying to scrape a Web page, why do you actually need to run a
    GUI-based browser to do so?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 10, 2009
  5. In message <4a800641$>, Collector_NZ wrote:

    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    >>> The ability to run a php page with opening a browser ...

    >> If you're trying to scrape a Web page, why do you actually need to run a
    >> GUI-based browser to do so?

    > It is my page it needs to run ...

    That makes it even more pointless. If it's your server and your client,
    surely you can come up with a simpler way of transferring the information
    between them than having to launch a GUI-based browser.

    > ... now piss of to linsux noddy ...

    Funny, I never mentioned the L-word anywhere in this thread. Could it be you
    don't fully understand yourself what it is you're trying to do?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 10, 2009
  6. JohnO

    Enkidu Guest

    Collector_NZ wrote:
    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    >>> The ability to run a php page with opening a browser ...

    >> If you're trying to scrape a Web page, why do you actually need to
    >> run a GUI-based browser to do so?

    > It is my page it needs to run, now piss of to linsux noddy land and
    > stop guessing wildly

    The php cli won't do it?

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Aug 10, 2009
  7. In message <>, Collector_NZ wrote:

    > Before I Plonk you lets get a couple of things clear.

    It would help if you didn't sound like you'd had a few before posting.

    > 1. I understand so much better than you because I use my brian ...

    Peter Griffin wouldn't be pleased to hear you'd been using his Brian. :)

    > 2. I do this for a living and probably make more in a year than you will
    > in the next 5 years

    You do what for a living? Working out jerry-built, roundabout "solutions" to
    problems that could be solved much more simply? Regardless of how much or
    how little you charge, I would agree that you are certainly costing your
    customers more than I do mine.

    > 3. Your a waste of space in this group, by all means have a tendancy
    > towards one OS or the other but not the stupid blind attitude you have.

    You're the one who seems to have suspicious holes in his story. I can only
    go by what I read here about your problem. You're the one who took offence
    to my probing, acting almost exactly as though you had something to hide.

    Does your customer realize this?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 11, 2009