Re: Choosing a laptop mount for the car?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ray O, Mar 21, 2010.

  1. Ray O

    Ray O Guest

    "Jane Galt" <> wrote in message
    > Ok, I have the 2002 Corolla. Now for a laptop mount...
    >
    > They have various types available, in all price ranges.
    >
    > Some people say that the ones that are telescoping and sell on Ebay for
    > $80-
    > $130 aint so hot because the telescoping parts can work loose from
    > vibration
    > and start sliding out of adjustment.
    >
    > So they have ones like this, which dont cost much. but are basically made
    > of
    > steel pipe and gotta be drilled into the car floor to mount the flange:
    >
    > http://www.mobilelaptopmount.com/
    >
    > Then the Ram brand mounts look good, but are higher priced. Do they slip
    > out
    > of adjustment too?
    >
    > The problem with the Ram mounts is that I only paid around $350 for the
    > LT,
    > so what they cost seems like a lot compared to that.
    >
    > What are y'all's thoughts on these?
    >
    > What's good and what should I expect to pay?

    www.panavise.com has rigid and gooseneck type mounts. You could pair a
    mobilelaptop laptop holding plate with a Panavise mobile electronics mount.

    Before you drill holes in the center console or floor, be sure to check what
    is underneath so you don't end up damaging a wire harness, fuel line, etc.

    Also make sure that the laptop holder and mount do not interfere with the
    passenger airbag deployment.

    --

    Ray O
    (correct punctuation to reply)